Wolverine

kuhaman

I saw a show about a biologist who had been studying wolverines for something like 15 years and he said that in that time, other than trapped or dead animals, he'd only seen one in the wild three times. Even if they are around, it's unlikely you'd see one.

Haven't seen one wild in Ontario, but I did find a wolverine skull in an abandoned bald eagles nest while on a canoe trip in the NWT, that was pretty cool.

That's not "pretty cool"...that's super cool.

Wolverine skull...cool.

Abandoned bald eagle nest...cool.

Canoe trip in NWT...cool.

Everything you just said, is way cool.

Never saw one in my life , but you never now right . Living here just north of Barrie i have from time to time seen a few strange things , mid 90's out walking in my bush one day , i came across tracks that looked like bear tracks , thought no way , kept my mouth shut and never told any one for fear they'd say i was crazy , never even told my family , then a few days later down the road in Midhurst the MNR shoots a young Bear out of a tree in the yard of the day care center . Another time while out doing some custom combing on the second of Oro and of course at the time i was in the feild by my self dumping into wagons , i was going up thru the feild and caught this thing in the corner of my eye walking along the fence row at the other end of the feild , it looked like a big light coloured dog , as i combined a watch it fallow the fence line comeing closer to where i was working , it came straigt in front of me to the point that i could see it was no dog but one hell of a big cat , it had the cat shaped head , a tail to long for a dog , i thought its a cougar but no way and again you don't dare say any thing to no one . Like with the bear a few days later on the Barrie tv news Big curve Acers farm on hwy 11 claims a cougar took down one of their young horses in the night .The best one tho to me was in 1989 a year after moving to Midhurst to come home one night from work to see a moose standing on my front lawn with the OPP sitting on the sholder of the road watching the thing and telling every one to stay back . So i beleive any thing is possible out there , i just wont be the one who tell's ya .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Some guy near Widdifield Station road in North Bay said he saw one in his dogs pen, it was playing with a cougar.... Just kidding

I've actually never heard of any sightings around here. My guess is that most sightings are mistaken with fishers

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: That hit me funny, sorry!! :dunno:

Dan O.

I've seen a few - not in Ontario. Several in NWT around a stream I use to regularly visit and one backcountry skiing in Jasper. Not that large of an animal - I didn't feel any fear. They have a bad temper so I hear but all ran away quickly. Built up to be more dangerous than they are - like wolves?

I seen a dead one on the train tracks just south of sudbury. They are nasty critters and will fight a bear if they have to. Just like any animal, they are more scared of you than you are of them UNTIL they get cornerd then look out :devil:

The muskoka wildlife center on hwy 11 had a wolverine that last time that I was there.

Edited by richyb

Okay, so I am not the only crazy one ... phew. I wasn't on shrooms ... I was on the gas ... wait ... pedal while driving on 69. We were the only vehicle on the road at the time, and it came within 20 feet ... by "it" I mean the wolverine and by "69" I mean the highway if you were thinking any differently. We have Martins and Fishers at the cottage, and have seen them as well. This was a Wolverine. I saw it. My girlfriend saw it. I have also seen a cougar in Hunstville. Call me crazy. I just might be.