garmin gps

pike slayer

i just picked up a garmin etrex legend hcx off of ebay for a decent price. now i need to find maps for my unit. i use to have a magellan explorist 500 and the ontario one was only $50. on the garmin sites what appears to be the same map is around $120 more then i bought the gps for. i checked out the backroad map book ones and they are $150!! i did some searching on google and came up with this site http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/#Detail and its free but am a bit learly. has anyone downloaded it and use it? does anybody else know of any other options? thanks!

I use the Ibycus maps on my Garmin unit and really like them. You can't route on them but for a free map, they likely have most everything you need. Pretty acurate (all things considered) but they don't contain the extra information that the Backroads Mapbooks does. Give the Ibycus maps a try - you have nothing to lose.

Jon

Get an iphone. They have an app called "maps". It is a GPS, u can also find local stores, services if U R travelling in a town U R not familiar with. Then U buy an app called "Navionics" for $15.00. It is very similar to the chip U buy for your chartplotter which is $300.00 Oh yah make sure U get the free app "Angry Birds"