Simcoe Hut Operators for lakers/whitefish

asdve23rveavwa

Hey, all! Looking for an operator (ice permitting of course) on Simcoe for the "bigger fish". Good service with a decent shot at some fish are what I'm looking for. Would be the weekend of February 11/12th.

Hoping to take the better half's old man and brother out for a day as a partial repayment for all the hard work they put in helping us with our basement reno project.

I have my own hut, but, it's only large enough for two + I want this to be a "kick back" trip, transportation out, heated hut.

Reply here or PM me.

Thanks, in advance!

Hey there

Check out wepoundemfishing.com -- Ryan Hare (troutguy) is very personalble and one the best guides on Simcoe -- He'll put you on big fish!! Been out with him a bunch of times and he consistently delivers.

You'll have a blast!

Rich

Edited by kellaro

Hey there

Check out wepoundemfishing.com -- Ryan Hare (troutguy) is very personalble and one the best guides on Simcoe -- He'll put you on big fish!! Been out with him a bunch of times and he consistently delivers.

You'll have a blast!

Rich

I'd second that...Not sure if the lake will be safe out in the main lake by that time...crazy year. Ryan will help you stay busy and is your best bet at larger fish on Simcoe.

Good luck -- [email protected] if you prefer email...

Kevin

Hey there

You'll have a blast!

Rich

I'd second that...Not sure if the lake will be safe out in the main lake by that time...crazy year. Ryan will help you stay busy and is your best bet at larger fish on Simcoe.

Good luck -- [email protected] if you prefer email...

Kevin

Sorry guys, I should have specified. Looking for a fixed hut.

Heard many good things about Ryan, and, we also have a good guide right here on the board that operates as Sir-Catch-Alot.

Frankie, you aren't going to find a fixed out in the laker/whitie grounds with this weather..

The main lake is one HUGE open body of water with nothing in sight for the next 14 days to fix it unfortunately.

Yeah, guys, this winter, or lack thereof, really sucks the life out of ice fishing anywhere south of Nipissing.

If that weekend doesn't work, hopefully we have enough ice by the 25/26th.

To elaborate a bit more on my initial question, looking for anyone that has used some of the hut operators out there and what they thought of the service provided?

I always use Tim Hales out of beaverton, or if he's fully booked, I go with Hanks in Jacksons point. Floyd Hales is supposed to be good too, but I've never been out with him personally. Tim will have huts for perch out if he can't get to the deep water areas.

S.

I've only rented a hut once for whitefish fishing. It was from Bonnie Boats. From my recollection the hut and service seemed decent enough. We didn't catch any fish though, but the area they had their huts is often a productive one. They cut a giant trough in the center of the hut. Some people like that better than four holes. This was a few years back mind you.

Anyway, hope the ice is ready by then! I decided to head up to Lake of Bays and Lake Bernard the next couple of weekends, you might consider planning a trip yourself =)

Edited by FishLogic

I've only rented a hut once for whitefish fishing. It was from Bonnie Boats. From my recollection the hut and service seemed decent enough. We didn't catch any fish though, but the area they had their huts is often a productive one. They cut a giant trough in the center of the hut. Some people like that better than four holes. This was a few years back mind you.

Anyway, hope the ice is ready by then! I decided to head up to Lake of Bays and Lake Bernard the next couple of weekends, you might consider planning a trip yourself =)

PM sent.