how to get a permanant hut to bp

Freshtrax

There use to be huts out there years ago Bill,but they were locals in that area,and of course,back then, there was always good ice to haul it down from BBP.

I would be very careful putting a permie out there, others are sayin less than 5inches an melting. tues +5. Becareful if you do. flip

Yah.. they're not picking people off the lake. Ornge won't do that anyhow. I can tell you where one went yesterday, as our son got everyone to clear out the Tay Township yard lot and blocked it with a truck so they could land in Victoria Harbour.

As for "safe" ice.. it's only as safe as you make it to be. We all have our own thresholds for go.. no go... and what we go with.

"As for "safe" ice.. it's only as safe as you make it to be. We all have our own thresholds for go.. no go... and what we go with.".

I couldent agree more.. I have bin fishing simcoe for 23 years have havent bin for a swim yet. Came close about 15years ago myself my father and my grandpa went to get our huts off at the end of the season. Ice was fine all day..on the way home it had blown 60ft off shore. I wish i had a camcorder that day waterskipping a bravo 250 with an iceshack in tow...

Edited by Freshtrax

on the way home it had blown 60ft off shore. I wish i had a camcorder that day waterskipping a bravo 250 with an iceshack in tow.

haha that would have been hilarious. I'll admit the thought of being set adrift certainly entered my mind when we went to Lefroy yesterday. Winds were supposed to be from the west at 40 kms. Turns out they weren't and we didn't have to make a run for it