kempenfelt action

Freshtrax

Hey guys i finaly got out on some safe ice in laker grounds on sunday.. I was on the ice for 8am. Was already a crowd out there i popped some holes in 120 fow marking fish all day long no big schools but lots of lookers. It was realy fustrating i just couldent get em to turn. Another fustrating thing was my laker tackle tray was left on the kitchen table at home. I fished all day with a small half and half willians(perch size) and a 1/8th oz buckshot spoon (not exactly my confidence lures). And wouldent ya know billm i snagged a laker lol. I was fighin this fish for 10 min finaly get it to the hole and it was hooked behind the gills i thought i had a twentypounder on :( it was quickly released .....other than that an un eventfull day. Was nice to be out ice was a solid 5inches where i was. I did see bunch of lakers caught on sunday and 1 whitefish. A slow day fishins better than a day at work.

Good that you got out, Andrew. Was hoping to possibly hit Simcoe this weekend, but, definitely not looking good after yesterday.

Doubt you are working on the Giesler now, but, still have some contact info, and pics, coming your way...Craig is "slightly challenged" on the computer, so, I'll see if I can get them and send them to you. :)

All those lookers were herring :) If the lakers see it, they usually smoke it (At least they have been for me this year)

I'd be very careful out there with the weather we had yesterday and the forecast for the rest of the week.

Edited by BillM

Really you must be psychic...

Or maybe I am...

I'm almost positive some of those fish turning their noses were lakers...

I haven't had many fish streaking almost vertically off bottom NOT hit, if they didn't a quick drop and rip would get them. Those other fish that come up casually, take a sniff then go back down are most likely whities or herring or really REALLY lazy lakers, lol

I just got word from a friend who tried to get out today on ice that was safe a couple days ago on Simcoe. He turned around and went elsewhere.

He called the ice "soft and not safe" anymore. Just sharing the heads up.