Fisher Hawk 170 Sport

leighfns

I agree with Roy, go as big as you can afford. It helps for resale even if your not a power nut. If you do a lot of trolling and are not putting a kicker on then go 4 stroke. Some gys like the Opti because it is lighter. Personally I would go 115 hp 4 stroke on that boat.

Edited by taper

looks great! For a boat that size though, pretty small casting platform up front. That would cause problems for a guy like me who likes to have 9 rods around my feet and at least 10 big baits scattered around! Not to mention fishing with a buddy who wants to be up there too! When I bought my boat the size of the casting platform was #1 priority. I've only got a 14' boat but the platform must be 2-3 times the size of the one on that 17' boat. Basically, it comes down to priorites. If casting room at the bow is not a big deal, then it looks like you've found a nice boat!

I would agree with Dax nice boat but the 90 is probably too small that`s a heavy boat the 115 would be better and the 150 would be perfect especially if your planning on water sking/tubing with the fam on board.

When I bought mine last year it came with a 60 but I upgraded to the max. HP 90 and I am glad I did.

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Fisher is just another name for Tracker boats, a little different cosmetics and colour scheme but the hulls are the same, compare the prices or features with Trackers sold at BPS and other local dealers and you'll have a better idea.

I would go 4 stroke before optimax. And a good rule of thumb with motors is to never go less than 75% of the max horsepower rating.I agree about maxing out the horsepower because you don't want your motor pushing and working any harder than it has to.People always forget that a marine motor is constantly pushing not like a car motor.Another option is the Evinrude Etec.Much lighter than a four stroke ,more fuel efficient,more torque, 2008 emission tested in California and Europe....just the best motor on the market !!! Just my two cents

Believe that is a heck of a boat! I have a fisher hawk 170 sport 06' model and i couldnt be happier. We take it downrigging in pretty intimidating waters without worries, its just as comfortable on smaller lakes. We have a 90 opti on it and im about to purches a ss prop as well. With 3 people in the boat all our gear and downriggers we manage 37mph.im sure ill break the 40 mph mark with the new prop, and im pretty satisfied with the performance, I dont think there is a quicker wholeshot motor on the market. The boat is over 8 feet wide to boot. You should be really satisfied with the purchase, plus there is a lifetime warranty on the welds and floor!!!!

Jason

Edited by bassassin