Snakehead in Ontario??

Locnar

I've been reading, don't know how credible the sources are... but I've heard that the Snakehead has made its way to Ontario... Anyone know about this? If they have, anyone know what lakes to find them in? I'd like to take part in trying to control their population.

Certainly posible. They are tougher more hardie for southern Ontario's climate then piranha, and usually once a year you hear about someone catching a piranha.

Really? A piranha in Ontario?? I guess it's just people's pets that get released into the waters?

they are supposed to be very good eating ...another Asian cuisine ....unless im actually in Asia...i dont want to eat local snakehead...In my new years day recovery haze i watched river monsters marathon and he did quite the show on them ....it is very possible that they will find there way into our waters... :wallbash: although they look fun to catch creatures that bite and you dont know its comming scares the bejeesus outta me

I believe that I saw a show about them on River Monsters on OLN. They are knocking at Ontario's door. They have been caught in Pennsylvania and Illinois. I hope they taste good with some Cajun Fish Crisp.

I googled "snakehead" and some of the sites reaffirmed what the tv show showed.

I'm going to need some kevlar waders.