Just Another QC Update! (HUGE PIKE)

Fishing 24/7

I recognize that white stick in the back... looks familiar :whistling:

Nice gator Kev B)

sadly jaques the pike have been beating your tip ups bad 3 broke allready :(

i think you desing them for walleyes or something. the big pike SMASH them on the ice.. HEHEHE

but now im going all rods and reel man.

but still nice to have your tip-ups when i bring my GF or a frined and they have nothing. its a spare 5 tip-ups thnks again!

how are you my good old friend jaques ?

sadly jaques the pike have been beating your tip ups bad 3 broke allready :(

i think you desing them for walleyes or something. the big pike SMASH them on the ice.. HEHEHE

but now im going all rods and reel man.

but still nice to have your tip-ups when i bring my GF or a frined and they have nothing. its a spare 5 tip-ups thnks again!

how are you my good old friend jaques ?

Somehow I don't believe that :rolleyes: My tipups, combined with the latest technology ;) (plastic reels) are the best there is for any type of fish :sarcasm::lol: HEHEHE

I hear ya about the rods... got a few of them too :D Caught some decent fishes on them... but nothing beats a good old fashion tipup :P

Glad you liked them B) Doing fine and tomorrow going to target some little beauties :)

Tight lines mon chum!!!

DEAD suckers, shinners and those other stupid looking minnow that loose there scale easely..... :dunno::dunno::dunno:

OVER SIZED!

Well - you've got it figured out! You need access to waters that grow pike like that first to be able to catch them, then you gotta figure it out. Nice job! One last question - I generally hang my dead bait a foot or so off the bottom, generally on flats close to drop offs. However, I've heard from a number of people that putting a big dead sucker or something just under the ice, like a foot under, works great - even if you're over 20, 30 or 40 feet of water. The theory is the pike cruise right under the ice looking for dead fish, which will often float rather than sink, and get pinned just under the ice. I'm going to try that this year. Have you ever done it?

Well - you've got it figured out! You need access to waters that grow pike like that first to be able to catch them, then you gotta figure it out. Nice job! One last question - I generally hang my dead bait a foot or so off the bottom, generally on flats close to drop offs. However, I've heard from a number of people that putting a big dead sucker or something just under the ice, like a foot under, works great - even if you're over 20, 30 or 40 feet of water. The theory is the pike cruise right under the ice looking for dead fish, which will often float rather than sink, and get pinned just under the ice. I'm going to try that this year. Have you ever done it?

Negative on that sir.

iv never tried this technique.....

will i try this... you got me thinking.

drop off work good. but hear this, pike are territorial in the late fall and in the winter. they find an erea that have all the food they need and will stick to it.

this is how i found my spot while fishing in the fall with my flipping jig in 30 FOW around a Hump or shoal, mixed with tall cabage and milfoi on the bottom.

find there feeding ground..... put a BIG dead minnow of anytype in there face.... and you WILL have one of the best pike outting in your life.

NOo ne told me this when i was pike fishing . had to figure this one out by myself.

and then add the quick strike rig and the rod and reel BRRRRACKETS... man your in for a day you wont forget. trust me :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Too bad they weren't hitting our "dead" suckers, shinners and those other stupid looking minnow when we went out Kevin... :whistling:;):good:

steve iv long forgat this brutal day and put this behind me.

ill be fishing your bay alot when the ice unfreeze. for gar.

and id love to drop by your house for a beer and for some quick info. knowing youd live on these part of the river all your life. ... are you in for a goos gar outting this srping ?!??!?

steve iv long forgat this brutal day and put this behind me.

ill be fishing your bay alot when the ice unfreeze. for gar.

and id love to drop by your house for a beer and for some quick info. knowing youd live on these part of the river all your life. ... are you in for a goos gar outting this srping ?!??!?

Kev my buddy old pal!!!..That was a brutal day and I will put it behind me in the archives as well :thumbsup_anim: ....let's definately get out and target those GAR BEASTS!!!....I have the boat. know where they are and couldn't think of anyone else that I would want to go out with!!....

Hey...I finally pulled the sled out of hibernation and totally restored her!!!....91 Polaris 500 Classic :canadian:

Keep in touch bud!!

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

:worthy::worthy: as you know I LOVE OLD SKIDOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

DARNN now i cant wait to hit the migthy O. with you on ice OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

We need to hit those gar like hell i only have a 9.9 so spot fishing would be hard and would take a long time. if you know where they are then i now how to catch them!

lets team up a SLAY them! HAHAHAHHHAAH

maybe get our self a CANADIAN gar record HAHAHA!

NIce fish dude!!

Try the "floater" pattern at last ice when all the floating dead fish are released from the ice, pike start using this easy pattern big time just in time for prespawn and the final push for free calories to help those eggs develop.

D