gasbuddy.ontariogasprices

Terry

I use these sites for diesel prices, I always know the local prices and where to get the best deal

when I go on a trip I know the towns that have good deals and have diesel

Lately, guys have been posting fake prices

they caught me twice, I drove to a station to get a really great deal only to find the price was wrong and in one case they didn't even have diesel pumps.

I contacted the website and they said they contacted the people who were doing it

but they have continued to do it , have found over 20 fake price posts.....

this make the website useless

if you can't depend on the prices it has zero reason for existing.

and it's a hell of a thing if you plan a trip by them and get to the location only to find they don't even carry the fuel you wanted ..

so first if you use it be careful

and if you don't use it there is no reason to use it cause many prices are fake..

has anyone one else noticed the fake prices

I always just wait until I have my fishing buddies with me and pull into any gas station at random! They're always good and just jump out and fill the tank with their credit card... :whistling:

well that seems like a ..

hey wait I one of the fishing buddies...........crap

LOL

well that's the way I should do it too

cause I can't depend on the internet

I never understood the insanity when it comes to gas price shopping. Is 1$ per fill-up really going to matter especially when it's countered by you having to go out of your way to get to the cheaper gas station?

YES, because if you buy from Mobile which is selling gasoline for let's say 5 cents more per gallon then Sunoco that is across the street then Sunoco raises his price 5 cents because he sees how much business Mobile is getting even though he's charging more....then Mobile who has a greedy owner raises his prices again and around and around we go....where the prices will stop nobody knows.... :wallbash:

In other words, DON'T give business to a higher priced gas station if you can avoid that station....we are the consumers that CAN dictate lower prices.

And watch out for those fishing buddies.....errrrr cousin that has deep pockets and short arms when you go fishing.... :whistling:

Of course if it's two gas stations that are across the street or even two gas stations which are down the same road I'm going and I know one habitually has lower prices I will skip a gas station to fill up at that one. I just know some people who drive around looking for the cheapest place and they probably end up wasting as much gas as they would have gotten with the price difference.dunno.gif

Terry I have never had a problem with false advertizing on the internet :dunno: ....two years ago i bought a goose off the internet that lays golden eggs for 600 bucks!!!!! ( he was asking $1000. but i talked him down :thumbsup_anim: )Anyways ...my wife gave me proper hell for not consulting her first and asked where i was going to keep this goose and store all the golden eggs? well i didnt think that far ahead (hard to beleive...i know :oops:) ...so i made a deal with the seller to board my goose for me ( 100 bucks a month is a great deal!!!!) and just let me know how many golden eggs i get every month when i pay my boarding fee :good:......well im pleased to say that my last golden egg report from Prince Alimumba just put me at 913 golden eggs!!!! ( yeah we are on a first name basis now...he is a great guy :D )...with the price of gold taking off the way it is ...i couldnt be happier!!! Anyways ...Prince Alimumba sent me an email the other day stating that he has another goose that lays golden eggs twice as fast as mine for sale and asked me if i wanted to buy it too( wife is going to be pissed when she finds out because the Egg storage fees have doubled and i forgot to consult her first :wallbash: )....Well as luck may have it ...i now am selling my first Goose and if you want to buy it ...ill sell it to you for what i paid for it ( $600 ) and if you dont want to keep it at your house... ill be happy to board your goose for you and store your eggs for a small monthly fee as im in the process of building a warehouse to store all my golden eggs now that the starage fees have doubled ( Wife should be happy i was thinking ahead this time!!!! :whistling: )

Anyways Terry let me know if your interested and hopefully it will put faith back into your internet experiences

Cheers!

I never understood the insanity when it comes to gas price shopping. Is 1$ per fill-up really going to matter especially when it's countered by you having to go out of your way to get to the cheaper gas station?

I don't go out of my way to get cheap fuel

but with diesel

there can easily be a 15 cent difference in prices

run through Peterborough there was a station selling it for 113.9 and around the corner 131.9

of the 30 seconds to check before the trip, why wouldn't you

70 liters 12 and a half buck savings..again why not

i use it all the time in the summer when i go to peterborough or around beaverton area as these places are always cheaper than than oshawa and the GTA.Never noticed any bogus prices and it will tell you how long ago the price was posted and you know how fast the prices change especially before a weekend in the summer or a holiday!

i use it all the time in the summer when i go to peterborough or around beaverton area as these places are always cheaper than than oshawa and the GTA.Never noticed any bogus prices and it will tell you how long ago the price was posted and you know how fast the prices change especially before a weekend in the summer or a holiday!

I have been using it the same way and found it great

but as of late, I have been finding these fake prices

all they have to do is ban the people doing it but they don't seem interested in stopping them from posting

Terry what I have done for the NYS Thruway is call ahead and ask what their current price is....on the Thruway they have the advertised price sign after the exit....so they got you once you're there....LOL....but with my GPS I can locate all the gas stations on the Thruway and it also contains their phone numbers.....amazing how many different gas prices are on the Thruway even though these gas stations are only 30-50 miles apart.

That's a shame Terry I use both gas and diesel and when I use the Gas Buddy app. on my Iphone it can save me quite a bit. We have places that are less than 30 miles apart and can find up to .40 cents difference. So far I have not had any major price differences between the pump and the app. less than .05 cents which I guess might be because they changed the daily price after it was posted. If you are finding this as an issue in an area report it they can track the person that makes the wrong price input and remove them from the reporting list.

Art

I have reported the guy over twenty times

the guy lives Kitchener-Waterloo

which is far

from here, but in the middle of the night he posts prices in the newmarket/barrie area which is my area

and often they are diesel prices for stations that don't even carry diesel.....as I found out the hard way

really I just find it hard to believe that they aren't all over this guy

correct prices is the only thing that make their site work

Terry I too had to stop using it for the same reasons..They post a price and it says updated 5 min ago and I get there and its nowhere near the updated price. I honestly think its the gas station managers-owners doing it to get you in the lot. Your most likely are not going to go elsewhere once your on the lot. Like every good thing out there somone has to ruin it...They even have a great app for my blackberry..It has been deleted..

Im lucky...

I just cross the border and hit the Mohawk reservation...

92 cents a liter last time over... 1.20 here...

My truck takes 130 liters

And another 25 liters in the spare

So 155 liters saving 28 cents a liter is 43 dollars I save... Per trip... Minus 4 dollars bridge toll...

39 dollars saved for a round trip That takes 30-45 minutes...

Im lucky...

I just cross the border and hit the Mohawk reservation...

92 cents a liter last time over... 1.20 here...

My truck takes 130 liters

And another 25 liters in the spare

So 155 liters saving 28 cents a liter is 43 dollars I save... Per trip... Minus 4 dollars bridge toll...

39 dollars saved for a round trip That takes 30-45 minutes...

Mike, because of that Res station proximity to Canada they are taking advantage of you and every other Canadian.....the Res gas station I use is currently selling gas at $3.17 per gallon....key word here is "currently".....

We have 3 different Reservations here and the prices vary greatly depending on a lot of things.

Bob