NF ... I'll be shocked if i get an anwser for this question

Skipper D

2001 Jeep TJ , There are four settings for the heater blower motor , only the number two setting is working which is not enough to clean the windshield off on thease cold days , i did change the heat sensor relay this fall and all the settings did work but the other day it went back to only having two lower settings working , what do you think its going to take to fix it this time ?

2001 Jeep TJ , There are four settings for the heater blower motor , only the number two setting is working which is not enough to clean the windshield off on thease cold days , i did change the heat sensor relay this fall and all the settings did work but the other day it went back to only having two lower settings working , what do you think its going to take to fix it this time ?

I had a similar problem in my Ford and it was a vacuum hose.

Skip I don't know about yours but my explorer has a resister block for lack of a better word and it was common to have that burn out or the connector. Mine it allowed you to still use the highest setting as that bypassed the resistors and was wired directly to the battery. It was located right at the fan motor connection. Hope this may give you a idea. Dave.

the lack of the better words part on this thing is what i changed in the fall , i am thinking that it may be the heater switch it self is the problem but i'd like to be sure before i waste the money and more so the time to change it and find out thats not it .................. lol

Edited by Skipper " D "

recommend changing both ? , to bad i did'nt ice fish , i could use a fish hut heater to get the jod done but that would'nt help the resale value any .......... lol ...... the darn thing . We need a jeep guy Davey to help us out with this maybe , i know i don't have any of them in my tool box right now , sure wished i did ... lol

CHECK THE CONNECTIONS AT THE RESISTOR PLUG FIRST. I WOULD MOST LIKELY THINK SWITCH. IF THE RESISTOR GOES...YOU USUALLY ONLY GET HI FAN UNLESS ONE OF THE PINS HAS CORROSION ON IT.

Your right,it could be the selector switch itself,check that if you can skip.

CHECK THE CONNECTIONS AT THE RESISTOR PLUG FIRST. I WOULD MOST LIKELY THINK SWITCH. IF THE RESISTOR GOES...YOU USUALLY ONLY GET HI FAN UNLESS ONE OF THE PINS HAS CORROSION ON IT.

That part is new CB , it might be that dam switch..........

Your right,it could be the selector switch itself,check that if you can skip.

That what it looks like i'll have to do , lol..... theres no screws any where on the dash to take things a part , every thing snaps together , watch me break some thing .......lol

I've had problem's with jobber parts on heaters , and now use only oem parts, had good luck so far . What did you use?

Edited by Wally

I had the same issue with my Durango last year. It was the Blower Motor resistor. It was located in the footwell area of the passenger side. Was very simple fix and if I recall correctly, the new resistor was only about $25 bucks at NAPA.

Good luck and let us know what it was.

Cheers

Craig

I had the same issue with my Durango last year. It was the Blower Motor resistor. It was located in the footwell area of the passenger side. Was very simple fix and if I recall correctly, the new resistor was only about $25 bucks at NAPA.

Good luck and let us know what it was.

Cheers

Craig

I'll put money on the resistor, it could easily go bad within a year

i have seen this problem on chrysler many times it can be a toss up of different issues i have seen switch a couple times, blower resistors account for 80 percent of the problems, and have had to change two fuse boxes for fan issues, get your test light out and start checking power and grounds

i have seen this problem on chrysler many times it can be a toss up of different issues i have seen switch a couple times, blower resistors account for 80 percent of the problems, and have had to change two fuse boxes for fan issues, get your test light out and start checking power and grounds

Theres the guy i've been waiting for ..lol. , i know where the vuse box is on the yj's but have'nt look yet to find it on this tj , if its not a wireing problem , i think once i am in there then i'll change both the resistor and the swicth , the new resistor from the dealer sure did'nt last long .

recommend changing both ? , to bad i did'nt ice fish , i could use a fish hut heater to get the jod done but that would'nt help the resale value any .......... lol ...... the darn thing . We need a jeep guy Davey to help us out with this maybe , i know i don't have any of them in my tool box right now , sure wished i did ... lol

For $12 I bought a 12 v plug in heater. Have not used it yet, but my heat sucks, and a new core installed is about $800 plus tax.

Head to princess auto with $12. I too thought about the propane heater idea, but then ran throught what could go wrong and would feel stupid explaining it to the police or insurance co.

Entropy

Hi.

In this case, I'd say chances are it is the switch.

In high speed, the power bypasses the resistor.

In the diagram ,notice position 5 goes direct to the blower.

Also, with the issues you are having, it may be a good idea to make sure the blower motor is not drawing to much energy. It could be overloading the circuit and taking out these components.

1.gif

Hi.

In this case, I'd say chances are it is the switch.

In high speed, the power bypasses the resistor.

In the diagram ,notice position 5 goes direct to the blower.

Also, with the issues you are having, it may be a good idea to make sure the blower motor is not drawing to much energy. It could be overloading the circuit and taking out these components.

1.gif

Is this wiring diag for a tj Bernie , sounds very interesting , awsome , got to go back and look at it closely ........ thanks a bunch ...........Ron