just bought new line

bassmaster4

I just bought some P-Line Copolymer 10 lbs test. I use a spinning reel. I want to put this line on my reel but i dont know how not to make the line curl. I have used a bunch of lines like Matzuo Monofilament and Spiderwire Mono Berkley trilene xl and they have all curled on me can someone tell me what im doing right and how to put this P-Line onto my spinning reel thanks.

well first set the spool on the floor and see if it comes off the spool in nice even curls...if it doesnt turn it over and that will help and make sure the line is turning onto your reel spool the same way...if not turn it around....thats it.....good-luck....remeber to make the nice loops go the same way as your spinning reel will turn clockwise right ...dont reel it on against the natural loop of the line....

Guest lundboy

Basically put the spool of line of the floor front label up. Start reeling it in to your reel. If you see the line start to twist up, flip the spool on the floor over to the side without the label, then continue spooling.

It also depends on what type or brand of spinning reel you have.

Daiwa with their "Twist Buster" system recommends you spool the line using a pencil through the bulk spool and reel it on that way. They say you should not lay the spool flat on the ground.

Burt :)

Personally I do the pencil thing for all reels.

Just fyi, certain types of 10lb P-line copoly might not fish overly well on a spinning reel due to its stiffness/memory (CXX and floroclear come to mind). This of course depends on which line you're using and the size of your reel's spool.

That P-line is some of the best out there. You can also just let the line out the back of your boat or go to a field and clip the line to a fence and walk it out. If you use a swivel to clip it with it'll just straighten out as ya walk it back. ;)

FHR

LOL i havent tried putting line on it yet im scared that line cost a quite a bit of money 17 bucks is the msot ive ever paid for line i dont wanna waste it ill put some on in a bit gotta get my rods

If you are nervous about spooling this line yourself, ask the folks at the local tackle shop to spool it.

Bly

Bassmaster, there's a very simple test to tell if your putting the line on backwards.

Normally, with the spool laying flat on the floor in the correst position, the label will be facing up, but not always.

Wind about 30 - 40 feet of line onto your reel, then drop the rod tip down close to the floor, so the line goes slack.

If the line then starts to unwind, twist and fall off the reel, it's on backward, but if it stays on the reel , your good to go, but it's always a good idea to check it a few times to be sure it's going on properly.

I've never used the P-Line, but it should spool the same as regular mono.

If your still having problems with it, don't hesitate to ask the questions on this board, it's the best way to learn.

Twisted line on a spinning reel can be easily fixed! Take your rod and reel outside, take any lures, hooks, or weights off of the end of your line... you want just the bare end of the line. If you have somebody to help you it will be quicker, have someone take the bare end of the line and walk out in a straight line taking the line off the spool. When all line is off the spool, have the other lay the end of the line on the ground... again!... the line must be laying flat on the ground in a straight line with nothing on the end!!! Hold the reel handle in your hand as you normally would for cranking the line in, in your other hand hold the rod between the reel and the first line guide while pinching the line inbetween your thumb and forefinger to put tension on the line while you reel, then reel in all the line back onto your reelthe combination of the loose line end and the tension will make the line untwist as you reel the line in.

This can also be done in a boat while under idle power. Pay out line until your spool is bare, then "drag" the line behind the boat for a couple minutes at a faster speed... AGAIIN!... the line must be flat and straight with NOTHING on the end!

I hope this helps.