iPhone Vs Galaxy S 2 ...

bassjnkie

My iphone 4 serves as a mobile office, and does well at it. I used to use a Blabckberry for work but when I left I got the iphone. I can't comment on other brands but the iphone does well for me, save for the fact that autocorrect can sometimes be a pain, and I think my old BBY was a slightly more powerful phone.

With the apps and features these days, I can't imagine that either Samsung or iphone wouldn't serve you well.

You have an iPhone now. Why switch to a knock-off?

Let's face it, that's precisely what the Galaxy is - hardware and software alike.

dont see how its a knockoff, since it has better hardware and software.

my buddy went to get the iphone 4s, was playing with the siri at the store, and told me most of the functions wouldnt even work because were in canada.

he then went and purchased the galaxy s2

You have an iPhone now. Why switch to a knock-off?

Let's face it, that's precisely what the Galaxy is - hardware and software alike.

Knock off? No way. It's hardly a knock off as it was released half a year before the 4S, and still has more powerful hardware, better camera, and the best part is you don't get your boys in a vice, which is exactly what buying an Apple product means.

External memory slots to increase the digital capacity...

Tons and I mean TONS more freeware apps including completely fresh operating systems...

More customizability and control across the board.

I ditched my stock OS, installed a new Boot OS and overclocked my phone to 1.5ghz. That's nearly 30% faster than the 4S.

I also cleared all of the garbage "filler" that phone companies preload on all phones (Bell apps, ect...)

If you want a a great phone that serves most basic user needs, get an iPhone. If you want a great phone that allows you much more freedom and less restrictions, get an Android.

Galaxy's graphic interface (including the whole swiping with your fingers thing) is a dead knock-off of Apple's OS.

Whole concept of a full-facing touchscreen is also a dead knock-off of Apple.

Samsung has added some features that Apple omitted, but no question they have taken Apple's approach and tweaked it. They didn't create anything original whatsoever.

And apple stole the touchscreen interface from nokia..my brother just bought the iphone 4s, siri isnt that good imo, doesn't even work half the time, just like the galaxy counterpart. Both need some work, but id rather type and do the stuff myself. I have a blackberry just because 90% of my contacts are on bbm, but will be getting myself a quad core android phone when they are released.

Edited by danbob

Apple didn't create the full touch niether I had a HTC that was touch well before IPhones came out. Mind you is was a piece of crap it was still out long before the IPhone. I would say IPhone copied the dull touch screen and made it better, that is until Samsung came along and made a better device.

Apple didn't create the full touch niether I had a HTC that was touch well before IPhones came out. Mind you is was a piece of crap it was still out long before the IPhone. I would say IPhone copied the dull touch screen and made it better, that is until Samsung came along and made a better device.

I think i may have had that same htc device haha, smashed it after 2 months. I tried to convince my brother to go for the galaxy. He "knew" it was the better phone, but prefered the smaller screen of the iphone.

I think i may have had that same htc device haha, smashed it after 2 months. I tried to convince my brother to go for the galaxy. He "knew" it was the better phone, but prefered the smaller screen of the iphone.

i went from iphone to S2 and wouldnt go back..... My wife thinks my S2 screen is too big .. she wants the 4S... mostly because it comes in Pretty White ..lol

Galaxy's graphic interface (including the whole swiping with your fingers thing) is a dead knock-off of Apple's OS.

Whole concept of a full-facing touchscreen is also a dead knock-off of Apple.

Samsung has added some features that Apple omitted, but no question they have taken Apple's approach and tweaked it. They didn't create anything original whatsoever.

Hehe, that's funny that you think that Apple is the master mind of all inventions :)

This was a favorite phrase of Jobs:

"Good artists copy; great artists steal"

Hehe, that's funny that you think that Apple is the master mind of all inventions :)

This was a favorite phrase of Jobs:

"Good artists copy; great artists steal"

Never said Apple invented everything. Where did you get that idea? But there is no question they were first to bring the current mobile OS technology to market in a useful way. By doing so, they created something useful. Galaxy, and other knock-offs, are all doing the same basic thing as Apple, rather than come up with their own original ideas.

As a business strategy, there's nothing wrong with being a follower instead of a leader. If you want to follow a follower, then be my guest.

IPhone is also a follower then seeing as my old HTC was out well before the IPhone. It also could do any thing the IPhone could other then the apps. Yes it was a piece of crap but it was out a few years before IPhone. I am not saying IPhone are garbage still the second best phone probably but Samsung was the first with the voice to text and IPhone copied that. The only thing that the Androids copied was the Apps and even they are better. IPhone has very few free apps and the ones they do are garbage. Any app that is for money the Android has as well. Again IPhone is a good phone that copied another phone and made it better then Samsung improved what the IPhone didn't think of. Even the IPhone copied Samsung to have the voice recognition. Other then that they are pretty much the same. So IPhone didn't invent the Touch Screen the copied it and improved and then Samsung did so from them just making it better. I think the biggest thing is people feel above others and like they are better because they have an Apple product doesn't mean they are the best.

Edited by Live2fish85

Never said Apple invented everything. Where did you get that idea? But there is no question they were first to bring the current mobile OS technology to market in a useful way. By doing so, they created something useful. Galaxy, and other knock-offs, are all doing the same basic thing as Apple, rather than come up with their own original ideas.

As a business strategy, there's nothing wrong with being a follower instead of a leader. If you want to follow a follower, then be my guest.

You got that wrong they were only the first company that you noticed.

You will find devices that used that same technology before.

Apple was good at getting technology to the forefront.....truth is they just bettered a lot old technology and marketed it very well. No one owes Apple anything....RIM introduced a lot more technology and hold way more patents than Apple and Samsung holds 10X more.

Remember when IBM made all the computer hardware....where would we be now if not for competing hardware factions. BTW IOS and Android were both built upon Linux/Unix, both open source software.

Unix isn't open source :) SunOS, HPUX, BSD aren't given away for free...

Ok...loosely licensed then....I'm sure SunOs/Solaris is open source, the other two I'm not that familiar with. There are several Unix flavors that are free. Unix has a huge family tree.

• 3 weeks later...

So thanks for all the suggestions and I went with the Gaxlaxy s II. I am really loving this phone and will never go back.

I want to protect the phone, so I was looking at the Otterbox Defender. If anyone has this case please let me know what you think of it? And, Any suggestions on good apps? Thanks.

So thanks for all the suggestions and I went with the Gaxlaxy s II. I am really loving this phone and will never go back.

I want to protect the phone, so I was looking at the Otterbox Defender. If anyone has this case please let me know what you think of it? And, Any suggestions on good apps? Thanks.

I have it on my Desire and it SUCKS - the rubber slips of tthe hard shell :(

BTW, great choice on the phone ! :)

Edited by Lifeisfun