Boxing Day – Quick Report – Mon, Dec 26, 2011

WalleyeSlayer

After getting back from the boxing day madness, I talked my dad into launching me at sherman's to fish at around noonish. Had my first fish hit within minutes of setting the line… a nice long 8 pound jack.

DSC02163.jpg

Continued trolling for 20 minutes before the board dropped back again. A great fight and a struggle to get her netted… she was finally mine. A very nice 10.5 hawg.

DSC02164.jpg

Continued trolling for 15 minutes and nothing… reeled up and headed back where I started the troll. My board hit a chunk of floating ice and kind of stalled on top of it for a no more then 2 seconds before getting back up to speed it … just as it got up to speed it pulled underwater … grabbed the rod and just dead weight and 2 violent headshakes and she was off ughhhhh sad.gif 2 for 3 within the first hour… Continued trolling … 30 minutes later the board goes off again … another struggle with the net job alone and surprisingly I got her netted lol a nice 6 pounder.

DSC02169.jpg

Finished the troll and ran back up to start another troll …nothing for a good 45 minutes and then the board went off …an awesome fight and staying down the whole way to the boat, the beauty finally surfaced. A beauty hawg weighing in at a little over 10 pounds.

DSC02171.jpg

Did another pass and nothing... called it quits at 4 pm…final score 4 for 5, a 6, 8, 10, and a 10.5 … Sorry for the crappy pictures, I took em on a timer on the camera placed on one of the boat seats lol. As much as I always enjoy having company. It sure was relaxing getting out alone for a quick fish.

I hope everyone had a great christmas!

Aadil canadian.gif