Scugog Ice Report

Entropy

Well over here on the Star Bay area the ice is around 9 inches, the some area's are still patchy due to spots with open water, Stick close to shore, on the attached picture it shows where we fish and the blue circles are areas that haven't froze 100% THIN ICE or open water. 2012 Cheers! How do I attach a picture?

Well, round 2 on Scugog went down today and I have to say it went much better then round 1.

Stiles was all booked up so we got the number for al's huts and gave them a try.

First off, Al is a class act all the way. Very nice hut, good location, al even helped us pick what to use for lures as to what the fish were hitting and lent us a pre-set up tip up.

Smaller minnows and a longer day on the ice lead to tons of hits and a good number of perch, even a few keepers. Sadly no crappie or Walleye.

All in all a great day but I am starting to realize that ice fishing is a whole different ball game from summer lake fishing. I feel like I'm trying to learn a new language trying to figure out the best way to pull some nice fish through the ice.

• 10 months later...