Is this normal

dhickey

Ijust got off the phone with my 18yr old son that I talked about in Leachmans thread (about fishing days gone by) my son was the one that hooked into a monster largmouth on ultralite at 3 1/2 yrs old. and he got it to the boat :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

My son says he cant wait to get out on the ice again its been about 5 yrs since he showed any intrest?

Quick run down.

At 8yrs old he could easily tell the differance between bad ice and good ice he also knew how to recognise preasure cracks and trouble spots by eye as well as LISTNING and FEELING what was happening under his feet.

On SIMCOE he had no problem walking out to Whitey grounds.

Im proud to say that he has slime on his hands..

To all the parrents out there ???

Advice is very welcome..

Pipe dream??(mine)?

Do the kids realy come back ??? Hope so :clapping:

Salty

:dunno:

Ps. Bring on winter :clapping::clapping:

Like all little girls, my daughter enjoyed fishing for perch and sunfish but grew away from it and never touched a fishing rod again for another 20 odd years.

About 6 years ago she decided to take up the sport again and has now become a very avid musky angler and fishes with me on a regular basis.

Something I look forward to every chance we can get out together.

My oldest boy who is 19 now used to love fishing with me, until school, work and girls came into the picture. lol I'm sure he'll turn around once his university is done. My youngest boy who is 14 totally loves going out with me whether it be on the ice, in a boat, on the shore or in the canoe. I'm sure he'll also go through "a stage" but I'm sure it'll just be a passing fad. I was the same way to an extent when I was in my late teens, early 20's....especially with being a dad at such a young age(20). Now I spend as much time fishing with my dad and my son as I possibly can.

Once a fisherman, always a fisherman.

Cheers,

Colin