Musky School

cowanjo

Ok So I am thinking of taking my boat and gear and heading to the school,i went to wisconsin last year it was unbelievable but lake of the woods is the holy grail have a mate from Australia who wants to partner (for those who met brownie and fished with him this year he may well come and just fly and pay the camp anyway with a guide) and a couple of non fisherman mates wanting to go but am concerned with the what ifs - please see http://www.muskyhunter.com/university-of-esox/ for information

So If your willing to pay for the school and do some driving infact most! as i drive like mr magoo in my subaru I am going so im picking up all the rest of the getting there and back costs could be a trip of the lifetime. Some of the guys here will tell you i am australian and am a mad fisherman, so we will be going hard if we go. I will be leaving from Toronto (Kawartha Lakes)

Ok so what are the people thoughts here of lake of the woods

That would be an awesome experience, I'm sure somebody here will take you up on your offer.

I'd love to do it in the future but the problem is it's hard enough finding someone who wants to fish musky for a day, let alone an entire week. None of my fishing buddies share my stamina/stubborness and I don't know anyone who'd take an entire week off just to musky fish.

Let's see, 4am departure, 8am brekkie outside of Sudbury, 2pm lunch in White River or Wawa, Dinner in Thunder Bay around 6ish and arrival sometime after midnight. I've done the route to Kenora a few times so I know the drill and can recommend where to stop. I'd be in but I can't commit to something that far out. Keep us all posted.

Dang John that sounds amazing I hope some one can take you up on the trip I cant as we have a weeks vacation the week after I would be getting back.

For anyone who has not met John or Brownie I must tell you they are awesome guys I had the pleasure of meeting them this summer and would love to have them both back here next year take the chance if you can afford it and get the time off. LOTW is a amazing fishery and this will be a great time of year to hit it the blackfiles should be all done skitters not as bad and the fish on fire.