Late Night Recording Session

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

So, long before my OFC time I used to play in a lot of bands, a few of which we pretty serious. As I finished college and entered "the adult world" most of my music chums moved on and I started playing a lot less rock, and playing a lot of acoustic.

This past week my wife and kids were on vacation so I did what anybody would do... I turned my basement into a home recording studio! After a few nights of screwing around we got down to business last night and my chum and I laid down a track. I know it's probably not the style of music most of you listen to, but humour me and let me cling to my youth. Thanks for checking it out. We wrote and recorded this over 2 evenings and recorded it with a laptop.

Hear Dr. Sal Rockin'

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i dig it! For some reason it just provoked me into blaring Rise Against into my headphones for the last half hour LOL.

huge rise against fan

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

DAMN! Nothing wrong with that at all. It's actually a very catchy tune. Hard to believe it was done over two days, very good work clapping.gif

Kinda reminds me of NOFX, but with better singing, lol

my youth was spent rocking to nofx, bad religion etc.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

reminds me of Finch/Thursday combined, I would never of thought you to be Screamo ;)

Good job bro. Keep em coming this is MY type of music.

G

more of an old punker than screamo, but close enough.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

And ill be dabbling in trying to figure out my recording software again shortly LOL. I moved everything to my new laptop and having issues, should have just left everything on my desktop :(

i had similar issues. i couldn't get cakewalk to run on my new pc so i've gone back to using cool edit pro, a program i used to use in the early 2000's.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i had 2 instances of lag during this session but not as bad as i used tto get. i think cool edit pro is a pretty simple stripped down program.

what i'm most impressed with is the line 6 device we used for bass, guitar, and vocals. what a tight little machine with presets that suit all my guitar, bass, and vocal needs... easy to use, no excess sound... boy if i would have had one of those 10 years ago! :whistling:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The leading riff reminds me of Alkaline Trio-Private Eye

I like the harmonies...overall it sounds good!

that's because the first chord is the same! good ear buddy! :whistling:

me and my chum came up with no less than 5 songs this one sounds like! haha!