Some Days it all Comes Together

kemper

Timing is key when you're looking for trout in the rivers - some days timing is on your side and other days it's not. Last week after a rain I headed out to the swamp of a Lake O tributary knowing that I had timing on my side. Sure enough, I walked right into a huge run of fresh chromers, and no-one in sight. I normally don't take pictures when I'm solo, but I got on a hot streak and decided to snap a couple. These were by far the easiest fish to fool that I have ever encountered, and I couldn't find a bait in my bag that they wouldn't hit.

A great day for sure, the highlight being a five drift, five steelhead on the bank streak - my best non-opener streak to date. Apologies for the muddy fish, its unavoidable in this location.

166.jpg

171.jpg

176-Copy.jpg

163.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

165.jpg

175-Copy.jpg

164.jpg

WTG Brady, gotta love it when you hit it just right.

Did you notice the Berkley Nanofil in the one shot... other than the fact that I almost had to sell my car to buy it, that stuff is far and away the best line I've ever used. Thanks for the tip! You barely even need to set the hook, I blew up a bunch of leads before I figured out just a quick lift of the rod will do.

Did you notice the Berkley Nanofil in the one shot... other than the fact that I almost had to sell my car to buy it, that stuff is far and away the best line I've ever used. Thanks for the tip! You barely even need to set the hook, I blew up a bunch of leads before I figured out just a quick lift of the rod will do.

Thanks for sharing/nice fish!

I've been hearing nothing, but great things about nanofil. Definitely going to try it out soon. :canadian:

Dude, you gotta love those guys down there. Up here no one says a thing (for the most part) down there I'm always making best friends 5mins after I step into the river, lol!!!

I have to agree on that one Bill. Although I did come across a guy a couple weeks ago who went on a rant about Canadians after I'd been talking to him for twenty minutes. I guess my Yankee accent is getting better...

In this case I was talking about the roe! The fish are 100% canuck :canadian:

Right on man, it's pretty slick stuff for sure.

Any idea how it might do once the temps dip below 0? The last "best-thing" flocast turned to dust as soon as it got cold.

Yup, Nanofil rocks, been using it for a while now (I'm surprised Mike turned to the dark side, lol!!)

I find that after a while the first 6-8ft or so will start to absorb water and start to sink. Just cut that off and you should be golden when the cold weather gets here. I know it doesn't retain water like FC does... I use 6lb Nanofil, it's like dental floss and casts a mile!

Sweet fish Brady :good:

With the nanofil, are you running an additional shot line below? Wouldn't mind trying it out next season.

I'm running straight 12lb nanofil to a 7.8lb redwing lead. No shot line, the Nanofil seems to be okay with me moving shot around on it so far...