attn: rodbuilders, croix junkies.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Hey all. Just a heads up. St. croix SCV blanks are on sale for one day only - 50% off on mudhole.com. I picked up a prize to build for my sisters stag and doe. Good deals to be had, even with the shipping.

Cheers guys. :Gonefishing:

A 9'6" SC v blank for $100 is a real score for a great steelhead rod either casting or spinning. That would be the same as a 'Croix Legend Elite 9'6" rod, MSR $400 if you could ever find one in Canada. It would be the best rod on the stream for anyone who tied it up. Wish I knew how to tie up fishing rods that's for sure.

Interesting, I've really been thinking about trying to build a rod for a while and maybe this is a sign. For some of you guys who've built before, how much work is involved.

Also could anyone give me a cost on the associated costs for a the other supplies I'd need? If someone could give me a ballpark figure that would really help me out. Wouldn't go top of the line but always prefer decent equipment.

Edited by timmeh

Interesting, I've really been thinking about trying to build a rod for a while and maybe this is a sign. For some of you guys who've built before, how much work is involved.

Also could anyone give me a cost on the associated costs for a the other supplies I'd need? If someone could give me a ballpark figure that would really help me out. Wouldn't go top of the line but always prefer decent equipment.

You don't save $$ building your own rods as it becomes addictive and pretty soon you have dozens!!!! :whistling:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i tied my first rod on a cardboard box with my thread running through a math textbook for tension. now i have a hand rod wrapper and it makes the duty wayyyyyyyy easier.

i've invested a few hundred into equipment now, but you can get started with very little. before going forward, i'd recommend watching the rodbuilding videos that mudhole and batson have made. these videos are invaluable.