Shimano Sellus rod's

GBW

They look like they are in the 50-60 dollar range and look like they are a newer version of the voltare or whatever the one dave used to chatch a shark with. The guides look better though.

Are you referring to the Volteus? I was taking a look at them the other day, and it looks like a decent back up rod. The guides looked horrendously low budget and flimsy though.

Anyone on here use that rod? Thoughts?

One for every lure!!! They should label them with the lure they're meant for - oh wait, they do.

Gotta have one for drop shot, one for flippin, one for pitchin, one for crankin, even though it won't make a difference...

Screw that! I'm going to a bass tournament with my 20$ rod and reel! :w00t:

Edited by Remastered

Are you referring to the Volteus? I was taking a look at them the other day, and it looks like a decent back up rod. The guides looked horrendously low budget and flimsy though.

Anyone on here use that rod? Thoughts?

Yeah, I use the Voltaeus, and I love it. But I haven't used many other rods. All I can tell you is that it's a far, far better rod than the Ugly Stiks I've used.

Edited by Dana

rather then doing a lot of multi quotes (too lazy, HA) yes it is the new white one, it's in the low $ range, I have a voltaus (SP?) and funny enough it's a great rod. so this is a rod for others to use (wife :whistling: ) if I don't like it.

Your right Phil, at the price I found it for I think I will... :angel:

Yeah, I use the Voltaeus, and I love it. But I haven't used many other rods. All I can tell you is that it's a far, far better rod than the Ugly Stiks I've used.

Thats good to hear. It felt good in the hand, and it's nice looking. Do you have any issues with the guides? Or am I just being too critical, lol.

Thats good to hear. It felt good in the hand, and it's nice looking. Do you have any issues with the guides? Or am I just being too critical, lol.

no issues casting at all with a spinning reel. I love that it's cork and not eva and yes I did land my biggest musky on it.

Only issue with the guides is that PowerPro noise... So, no, no issues, at least not yet.

Again, I don't know how they stack up to other rods, but I've been considering buying a few as gifts and a second for myself to replace my already-replaced-now-a-backup Ugly Stik. I can cast further, it's thinner and lighter, I feel a lot more, has a lifetime warranty. Better in every way. Right now I feel like I don't need a fancy, expensive rod. I'm no tourney angler, though, and I have no doubt there are better rods out there. But I'm happy, and the difference is pretty big for me.

Right on Dana and GBW! Thansk for the input.

I was hoping there was some good reviews on it, cause I am always in need of spares, and I got a $50 doller cert. I need to use up at Anglers Pro Shop. Gonna pare it up with an extra Okuma Avenger I have laying around begging to get some use.

Thanks again clapping.gif

Edited by manitoubass2