Boat Scam, beware (FishOn please come in)

ah_long

I've read a few of these on this board now, and I am wondering what the scam is????

Ok, the price is obviously too good to be true, unless it's being sold by a women scorned or a crackhead selling possessions for the next fix, but...

If I was willing to purchase this boat, I would drive/fly to the said location to purchase the boat. Is the boat not actually for sale???

What is going on here?

The boat is no longer for sale as I purchased it earlier today. I was able to talk him down to $4485.00 so I think I got a good deal. As a matter of fact I just wired the money to his account in Russia, not sure why he wanted it sent there but none of business I suppose.

He told me I could pic the boat up tonight but not until after midnight as he needed to clean it up a bit 1st. He is working midnights so he will not be home but said not to worry and gave me his address with directions. The ownerships will be signed over and left in the glove box with a receipt.

Sounded like a hell of a nice guy to me.

The boat is no longer for sale as I purchased it earlier today. I was able to talk him down to $4485.00 so I think I got a good deal. As a matter of fact I just wired the money to his account in Russia, not sure why he wanted it sent there but none of business I suppose.

He told me I could pic the boat up tonight but not until after midnight as he needed to clean it up a bit 1st. He is working midnights so he will not be home but said not to worry and gave me his address with directions. The ownerships will be signed over and left in the glove box with a receipt.

So, the beer is on you tonight? I'll meet you there 12:30 sharp clapping.gif

LOL!!!! Love it!!!!!

There has been a 1969 Camaro metallic blue with white rally stripes and completly restored top to bottom on Kijijii for the last month or so for only $7,900. What a deal, at that price I can't belive it has been there for a month! :sarcasm:

I purchased that Camaro over a week ago so I'm not sure why he hasn't taken the ad down. As a matter of fact I just had a new trailer hitch installed this afternoon so I can pick up my new boat with it later tonight :thumbsup_anim:

It`s an old scam that is run on virtually every sales site, before I bought the Stratos half the ads I looked at were bogus and for the most part the sites could care less.

I had one :asshat: try to sell me a boat that was sold on E-bay the previous month,scammers everywhere.

You know what they say if it sounds to good to be true........!

Edited by lookinforwalleye