Hand crafted tipups

Rod Caster

After viewing Leechman's post in the thread "bait making", I immediately sent him a PM, praising him for the great looking tipups he builds himself and wondered if was interested in taking a small order, since these were exactly what I was looking for for this winter. He promptly accepted my request and began building me a pair of tipups!thumbsup_anim.gif

I just arrived from a couple days out of town and instead of completing my paperwork, or stopping at the office, I drove staight to the post office, picked up the package, drove home, my truck is still unlocked I think and opened his deliberate and tape intensive (laugh.gif ) wrapping.

Found: two perfect tipups!

these things are even better in person. Very well crafted, they look durable (he's been doing it for 20years) and function perfectly. They have ball bearing (rattle) spools and adjustable sensitivity.

100_0441.jpg

the million dollar signature.

100_0449.jpg

I tied a snap swivel (cat bait) and yes, they work great!

100_0442.jpg

100_0443.jpg

FISH ON!

100_0444.jpg

Thanks again Jacques... Jasmine likes them too! Now bring on some ice.

100_0448.jpg

Your welcome Chad :) I'm glad you finally receive the package and liked them :) Those two were a 14 hours + project and they simply are the best tipups you'll ever find anywhere on the planet :whistling: and not sold in any stores :)

One thing I notice in the pics is, you have the top up side down.... the reel must be facing down... this will prevent any snow from accumulating when there's a snow storm while out on the ice :Gonefishing:

Get the reels loaded with fishing line of your choice (I have mine loaded with 30Lbs Dacron... the black stuff) and then try the different adjustments... I have countersink the holes to make it easier to insert the nail and have a snug fit so not to loose them :) The closest to the reel, the lighter and the farthest, the heavier depending on the species of fish your are targetting :D

The rigs are simple and effective trust me... I've caught lots of fishes on them ;)

Have fun with them and wish you a great hard water season!!!

If you have any questions, send me a PM :)

Tight lines

Jacques

Hey, those look pretty nice! I happen to know of a decent walleye lake about half-way between you and me. Now, I never tried it in the winter, and I'm not real sure how accessible it'll be with all the snow, but if you ever wanted to give it a shot, let me know...

Your welcome Chad smile.gif I'm glad you finally receive the package and liked them smile.gif Those two were a 14 hours + project and they simply are the best tipups you'll ever find anywhere on the planet whistling.gif and not sold in any stores smile.gif

One thing I notice in the pics is, you have the top up side down.... the reel must be facing down... this will prevent any snow from accumulating when there's a snow storm while out on the ice Gonefishing.gif

Get the reels loaded with fishing line of your choice (I have mine loaded with 30Lbs Dacron... the black stuff) and then try the different adjustments... I have countersink the holes to make it easier to insert the nail and have a snug fit so not to loose them smile.gif The closest to the reel, the lighter and the farthest, the heavier depending on the species of fish your are targetting biggrin.gif

The rigs are simple and effective trust me... I've caught lots of fishes on them wink.gif

Have fun with them and wish you a great hard water season!!!

If you have any questions, send me a PM smile.gif

Tight lines

Jacques

ninja.gif I should have known they were upside down. Thanks!

I've loaded them both with 12lbs Trilene XL. No more braid for me this winter...too much of hassle trying let line down or bring it up in -30.

Now I have my two jigging rods, two tipups and two tackle boxes ready for winter. thumbsup_anim.gif

DANA:

Hey, those look pretty nice! I happen to know of a decent walleye lake about half-way between you and me. Now, I never tried it in the winter, and I'm not real sure how accessible it'll be with all the snow, but if you ever wanted to give it a shot, let me know...

Haha I think i know which lake you speak of... I am also interested in finding out if it produces in winter as well. Just made sure you seperate your bought filets from your caught ones. whistling.gif

CRAIG:

Those tip-ups look awesome Jacques. Good luck with them this season Chad>

Now get that smoke alarm hung back on the wall.

Cheers

Craig

You know what? It's down for a fire alarm test.... I'm testing my GF to see how long she'll leave the fire alarm hanging like that before she A. asks me to do it B. does it herself. hahaha. I'm not the one who tried to cook pizza with the CARDBOARD still on.dry.gif

LUC:

Nice tipups for sure!

But since you forgot to include the OFC Sign in your pic, that cat wont qualifty for the OFC Tourny. tongue.gif

hahaha Someday I'll show you how I practice my Trophy Musky hold.

Thanks all for the compliments!!!

Um, Jacques... The team 8 captain is still wondering where his 2 are... :whistling:

They look great and I'm sure there will be many a fish caught on those, cheers!

DOH... I'll get right on it mon Ca-pi-ten :blush::lol:

Finally a decent tip-up! Do you make wind tip-ups?

No I don't Remastered