Trail Cam Surprise

cjgraham

I thought lynx and bobcat were synonomous? Kinda like cougar and mountain lion

Nope, Lynx are bigger, and generally have a different coat than a bobcat. I'm no expert, but I have seen a few of each, and I believe bobcats are far more common in ontario than lynx.

Cougars are def. around too, I've seen 3 in the past 4 or 5 years, two up in Ear Falls area, and one just off the dryden highway on cedar narrows. Pretty badass looking animals to see in the wild, thats for sure

lynx are amazing animals but isn't the OP's picture of a bobcat? whistling.gif

hahah the reason I didn't add bobcat or lynx to my post is because Im really not sure. Its too dark to really see if the hair on the ears extend up at any length and the angle at which hes walking makes it hard to really distinguish the longer hair a lynx has around the face. Size wise there isn't much to gauge its height too. If I had a gun to my head I'd cross my fingers and call it a bobcat dunno.gif . But hey same genus and very little difference in species.

..and then there's the night I slid out of the hot tub to go grab my camera in the cottage and she still didn't leave (Leah didn't flinch an inch left behind in the tub alone either! LOL)

8julyn.jpg

Nip.. that first shot could make your brother some good money in prints!

Edited by irishfield