TG makes house call on grt1

TennesseeGuy

Norma and I were to leave Sportsman's Lodge early on the 11th day of our stay, but heavy fog held up our flight by about 4 hours. Jim Booi made it from Trout Lake to Little Vermilion in his Cessna 185 for our scenic ride to Red Lake.

We left the airways at Chukuni River Bridge, headed down Red Lake Road, crossed Bug River and took the first left onto a dirt road until arriving at a settlement of a few houses on Gull Rock Lake. I was looking for grt1, but saw nobody stirring. Making a cold call, I knocked at the front door of the second house in the neighborhood, expecting to find where grt1 lived. Bill answered the door. We finally met, after exchanging pleasantries on OFC the past few years.

Norma talked us into holding still long enough for a quick photo before we headed on down the road to Grand Marais, MN and finally to our home of Cookeville, TN. Bill is wearing his lucky fishing cap and I'm the one with the wind blown hair.

We missed visiting with DanC since he's in Kansas City watching fast cars making all left turns today.

IMG_0004.jpg

I was glad that you and Norma stopped by on your way home, it sure is nice to put a face to a name.

Next year we will have to make sure you can cross "fish gullrock" off your bucket list. lets work on a date for that over the winter.

Mike and Roy, give me a couple of days. Been unpacking, doing yard work, putting my vegetable garden to bed and planning future fishing trips. I'll come up with something. 1700 miles on the odometer by coming home through Grand Marais, MN.

#10 broke off at the gum on September 22 and I hope to see my dentist this morning. Gotta be able to smile Saturday morning when having breakfast with Herman Cain at 6:30 a.m. How long are those teeth supposed to last, anyhow?