how to buy a boat in the states

ah_long

Why?? There are some excellent prices here at home. Check the classified section. The 2005 Crestliner for $12,500 without trolling motor......with trolling motor $13,000. You can't get that boat in the states for that price. Plus, you have to pay your 13% tax at the boarder....due the math. Good Luck.

Wait, don't you sell boats in the US and resell them here for profit?

Edited by BillM

Why?? There are some excellent prices here at home. Check the classified section. The 2005 Crestliner for $12,500 without trolling motor......with trolling motor $13,000. You can't get that boat in the states for that price. Plus, you have to pay your 13% tax at the boarder....due the math. Good Luck.

Good call on Bill M. Fish On - you've been importing boats for years now and making a profit. More power to you, but don't be suggesting others on here shouldn't be doing it.

Edited by Dutch

Good call on Bill M. Fish On - you've been importing boats for years now and making a profit. More power to you, but don't be suggesting others on here shouldn't be doing it.

I agree - just seems a little selfish.

On a positive note - that boat looks really clean. Nice rig:) Congratulations!

Landry

gonna wait for the Laser II 22" to come in... and she should be all done and ready to go by around mid Nov, this engine will look so much nicer on her

Pretty big prop for a 115. Did you research it beforehand? Guy in ny club has one and it is a real dog getting on plane. Even worse with full livewell. 20 or 21 may be something to look at.

ya, did some research, my boat is a 16' so the 22" should be fine.. it would give it a higher top speed but the hole shot would suffer, I'll be looking for a 4 blade 20" pitch as well to play around with

My buddies is 17.5 so you may be Ok with the 22. Athree blade 21 on your boat would probably be great.

Are you putting a jack plate on it?