Richter Lake Fly-in Report

lookinforwalleye

Well after months of anticipation the day finally arrived wasn`t really looking forward to the 14 hour drive to Nakina but you know once you get get going it`s not all that bad, ya right who am I trying to kid 14 hours behind the wheel sucked!

Arrived early Saturday morning at Nakina International and checked through security and weighed the gear and got loaded up.

100_0003.jpg

100_0010.jpg

My son Brad was exicted about the flight perhaps a little too exicted I think he was looking to get a little seat time behind the stick in the end he settled for the co-pilots seat!

100_0029.jpg

100_0014.jpg

An hour later we arrived at the cabin our home for the week and most didn`t waste much time in doing one of the two things we came to Richter to do... fish!

100_0058.jpg

The Walleye fishing was pretty consistant through out the week nothing insane like the earlier groups reported b100_0031.jpgut we had no trouble catching limits of eye`s.

39100_0036.jpg

100_0044.jpg

100_0036.jpg

The pike fishing was consistant as well with lots of snot rockets but no real monsters Richter is not a trophy pike lake by any means.

100_0038.jpg

richterpike.jpg

100_0059.jpg

And the big Pike for the week a 38.5" fish tried really hard to get to the 40" mark just came up a little short.

Richter385.jpg

The other thing I mentioned earlier was eating and boy o boy did we eat, rabbit stew,bacon wrap Walleye,baked Walleye,deep fried Walleye, I think we deep fried everything.

I am glad I had my cholesterol done the week before! :w00t:

Ben and Joe doing up the bacon wrappers!

100_0033.jpg

Rob sampling the bacon wraped Walleye.

100_0083.jpg

The preferred cooking appliance for the week!

100_0047.jpg

There are a few issue`s that should be looked after to ensure the comfort and safety of the customers and I am sure Eddie will have these issues ironed out before next season.

The cast of characters for the week made this trip truly exceptional and I would not hesitate to share a cabin with these guys again.

Rob and Jim Rice, Joe Carr hope I spelled the name right, Ben Beattie, and my son Brad.

I would be remiss if I did not give props to our "house boy" :rofl2: Craig he went out of his way to make sure our trip went as smooth as possible,hang on to this guy Eddie he knows how to treat your customers!!!

100_0013.jpg

Mmmmmmm, Deep fried bacon wrapped walleye is my new favourite thing.

Been making a variation of that for years. I usually marinate the fish in italian style salad dressing first then grill on the bbq and baste with a maple based bbq sauce.

They don't take long, they're ready when the sauce caramelizes.

Super yummy but very rich.