How do you store your terminal tackle

Hooked

Just wondering how you all store your terminal tackle and worm harnesses? I got so many hooks for bass, walleye, pan-fish, trout\salmon, and same for sinkers.....I'm going to totally organize my tackle this winter so some different ideas would be great. I currently use certain plano's but find the hooks still find a way into the other compartments, which drives me nuts. Plus I use that sponge tube for worm harnesses but I don't find it too effective, they always come undone. Just looking for new ideas. :)

Edited by Hooked

Here,s a laugh.

Hooks,Jigs, drop shot parts. The very best thing is not made by the fishing industry.

Medical sample jars yes "pee bottles". Made to keep all the liquid in they also keep moisture out. Get the 2oz, the sides are strait and fit nice in most tackle boxes.

I set up bottle for t rig,dropshot then stick in pocket when fishing that style. They hold 3-4 flipping jigs.

The 4oz bottles are super for packing roe.

I use the lindy "spunge tube".

As long as you burry the barbs, they don't come out. I've only been using it for a few months now, but have never had a hook come out. I keep all my hooks, sinkers, etc... In their original packages.

I have been using small ziplock type snack bags for harnesses and put all of the small bags full of harnesses into a larger ziplock to hold it all together. It holds more and takes up less space than the lindy thing or pool noodles. Fits in a pocket, small pack, in a storage compartment in the boat, or in the tackle box.

Always used the Plano trays but with a modification to prevent the slippage under the dividers.

Set the tray up as you want it and then silicone (I use Goop) the edges of each divider and slip back into place. I also like to drill a few very small holes in the bottom and lid so the box breaths better and prevents some rust build up.

For my worm harness supplies I use the tube shown above for tied snell rigs and have had great success using a 6x6" tackle wallet to store beads, floats,blades, extra hooks for bottom bouncing.

Edited by Fang

I have been using small ziplock type snack bags for harnesses and put all of the small bags full of harnesses into a larger ziplock to hold it all together. It holds more and takes up less space than the lindy thing or pool noodles. Fits in a pocket, small pack, in a storage compartment in the boat, or in the tackle box.

What he said

I do the same. I also do this with my scented baits like Gulp! and Trigger X, that way if it does leak, I can just rinse it off and grab a new bag.

I do this as well and for the same reasons :thumbsup_anim:

I also use the small "ziploc" type baggies from the dollar store to store a lot of terminal tackle and put them into a larger Plano box. I also have some of those really small Plano boxes and fly fishing boxes for various hooks/swivels etc. The larger but flat (or half-height) Plano boxes are great too.

The small medical bottles and dram bottles (pill bottles) are also good.

I think it just depends on what "final" storage box you use. A standard tackle box is more accommodating to those larger bottles, but if you primarily use Plano boxes they can be a pain unless you find bottles that fit or you use the larger/taller Plano boxes.

same here. I bought a bunch of different size "zip" bags from luremaking.com and I use them for harnesses, leaders, hooks, sinkers or anything else.

Speaking of luremaking..... I should make another order of hooks and ball bearings.