mini fishing report..

tb4me

Ill keep it short and let the pics do the talking..I took the family up to the trent river for the weekend of fun and fishing..Oh the wife and I also celebrated our 13th year of marrige too! :thumbsup_anim: on the 28th. Anyway was out fishing right in front of my dock during hurricane Iriene. My dock sits right at the bottom of a of a lock on the trent system. My daughter came down to the dock to yell across the river that she had wanted to fish with dad. So I up the anchor to go get her..Get her in the boat and back over to drop anchor.. not even 30 seconds into it I hear "fish on dady" lol her eit isWP_000292.jpg a nice 17.5 incher!

Then its dads turn. a niice 24 incher. WP_000231.jpg .throw in a ton of SMB and id say we had an awesome day!!! :thumbsup_anim:

On another note check out the size of this dragonfly we had visit us on sat night...WOW!!!

P8250853.jpg

P8250854.jpg

Anyway thats all for now...here are some osprey pics I took too...enjoy!

P6303016-1.jpg

P6303017.jpg

Two nice walleyes!! Enjoy the snack

Actually they both went back to swim another day..We only had one so we let it go..The 24 was out long enough to get a pic then let go too. My daughter wanted to keep hers but we had only 1. I explained to her that if we let it go it would have hundreds of babies, she could teach her kids to catch one day...

Great report and pics! Beauty walleye!

It's humbling fishing with your kids!! You spend hundreds of dollars on gear, days on the internent researching techniques / hotspots / weather patterns / etc, then you go and hours in a boat for a couple of fish. They show up with the $20 bait cast combo, a worm and hook, and smash em!! LOL!! Life's not fair!

My kids are the same. Conservation, it seems, is not a natural instinct. They want to keep everything. We have the "grow bigger - have babies" discussion every time we go fishing. Plus, I'm not cleaning a 4" perch!