Lac Seul walleye fishing (slip bobber in 37'FOW)

limeyangler

Hi all,

went out yesterday for a few hours at william's Bay on lac Seul.

The first couple hours produced the usual suspects of 20" to 24" fish with some keepers and even lost what was probably my biggest ever SMbass..oh well.

After that i tried deep but the majority of the fish were small. Despite the size the fishing was non stop...even in 37'FOW it was a bite a cast. Because of this i started experimenting and messing around with baits etc...slip bobbers, twister tails(i never use them) and even four inch white tube jigs inspired by a smelt a walleye coughed up all worked. Slip bobbering in nearly 40 feet of water was funny.

Jigs with minnows, leeches, suckers and nightcrawlers all work...so did combinations. A good lazy , hot day on Lac Seul...just what the doctor ordered!

YESTERDAY'S VIDEO

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0XVxYzH9ya4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SOME PICS

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

Nice!! Never used tubes for walleye... Its cool that you can try new methods and just keep catching them walleyes.

It helps to be on a lake where as far as catching is concerned the pressure is off!

Great report Simon.I notice alot of people get smallies while targeting Walleye. Why is that anywaysdunno.gif

The spot i was fishing is just a classic bass habitat...and because it is a reef surrounded by deeper water tha walleye are present also......walleye and bass love minnows/leeches.

Always enjoy your videos. Kinda like watching a TV fishing show but better. :Gonefishing:

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I don't know Paul but in June I pulled a little smallie (probably 11") out of 28 fow. I have no idea what it was doing down there?

Great report Simon.

cooling off?

Are you sure you are not supposed to pay some guy at a booth for each fish you caught?

For the benefit of those that do not get to do such experiments.....what bait/presentation failed to impress the fish or caught more bass than walleye.

that day ...although everything seemed to work...i would have to say that leeches were least favourite. I have found this to be the case on Lac Seul on 2 occasions this year.

Awesome stuff, Limey....what a fishery that lake is! I like the hook inside of that tube jig....what is it?

Hey JB...those hooks are awesom...they have a rattle in them too.

51tVV3pXjML__SS500_.jpg

Great stuff - thanks for sharing.

My pleasure.

Great video and pictures Simon. Looks like a fun day! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks man...how's Cletus?