winter project cedar strip boat

Freshtrax

this vessel has bin in my family for over thirty years. mu umcle passed away and they were gonna burn it i said no way i learned to fish in this boat. my favourite memory is at long point opening bass day i was about 10 and my uncle dropped a leach down my shorts lol. this thing was mint back then when he died it sat outside for a while. now its in the barn. the planking is mint. the ribs and transom, and keel not so much. the lumber is on the way. my first step is gonna be to steam bend all new ribs. if annybody know what manufacture it is i would love to know

IMG_29151.jpg

IMG_29131.jpg

IMG_29181.jpg

IMG_29081.jpg

Sure looks like it could be a Giesler. My better half's dad has spent many hours restoring one over the last few years.

PM me if you wish any information. I'm sure Craig would be happy to share any tips or info that he has.

That boat has been a labour of love for him, and, ironically Long Point may be where she is re-launched for the first time.

Cheers,

Frank

Oh My !!!thumbsup_anim.gif The site of that old boat brings back such happy memories of dad and i way back when i was 10 or 12.Forty odd years ago now....sighi

She is a Beaut for sure. Keep us up to date on hows its comong along.I`d love to see her when she`s finishedclapping.gif

Paul

Yes, that is a Giesler boat.

That appears to be a Nipissing Special. An 18 ft.

We still build new ones. If you need any parts for it, let me know.

I thought so! Is your shop in Powassan? If so you've probably met or dealt with my better half's dad Craig Meadows. He's picked up all his materials for his rebuild there.

Freshtrax, I'll send you some pics and a phone # in a PM when I get a chance.

That's a great looking boat.

I don't have many memories of my gramp, as he died when I was quite young. But I distictly remember the day his old boat (truely his, because he built it) got torn up for scrap shortly after his death. If I'd only been a little older, a little bolder, I might have saved that boat.