Dad. my arms are sore

spincast

G and I made our weekend warrior outing to the usual haunt, arriving just before dawn. Third in line; and recognized the 2 before us from previous outings. Had the boat rigged and on the water as the sun crested the horizon. morganfamily2011002.jpg. There was a light breeze as we set up at our usual spot. Since finding my bow-ling alley, we have been pretty well guaranteed success with the bows and the small salmon every outing. This has meant that having fun with bows kept us in the alley, especially if I am out with G. I was hoping it would produce some decent Salmon (King), but no such luck. So this was the weekend that, weather permitting I planned to head into deeper water. With a 16 fter and only a 50 on the back, picking days is essential. Twice this year I have been blown off the water.

We trolled out well past our usual turning point and all of a sudden the breakfast bell rang. We banged off a couple bows and a couple small salmon, landing some and loosing a couple within sight of the boat – net in hand. The wind was picking up it was getting choppy when a rigger went off and the drag began to sing. Grabbed it and brought in the biggest of the day – 32 incher. morganfamily2011004.jpg

Right after releasing it G was getting nervous and asked we head out to shallow water till the wind settled down. I REALLY didn't want to as the bite was on and I had found a zone – but the fish will be there another day, and I don't want to make G feel uncomfortable out in the boat. Confidence is built in small steps and destroyed in one easy mis-step. It was 9:00 and we had six in the boat and 9 on.

We ended up 15 for 18. Had a triple header at one point, but by the time we got to the third rod he had shaken it off (didn't count that one). Species for the for the day was 1 Atlantic (our first) 5 chinook, 2 cohoe (? I think, hard to tell when they are that small, and mostly I wanted to get them back in the water quickly as opposed to determine what they were) and the rest bows. To end the day we had a fantastic bow off the DR wrap around the Leadore and shake it off - looked to be at least 30" plus. Lots of fish we just didn't have time to snap as we wanted to release everything,. So with the exception of 1 salmon for smoking, morganfamily2011014.jpgmorganfamily2011015.jpg(selected by his exhaustion by the time we got him released) and of one very small chinook (who hit a 5 inch spoon almost as big as him, and I think was on the rigger for a few minutes) that we couldn't revive everyone was went back to play another day. Anyway, the few pics we could take between weather and fish do the rest of the talking.

morganfamily2011022.jpg

morganfamily2011005.jpg

morganfamily2011003.jpg

By 11:00 G was saying – my arms are sore (some of the fights took him 10 minutes (10 colours core or a wire dispsey, or even the Atlantic who was pretty scrappy and over 150 back) to get in "You want me to help?" "NO WAY". Ata boy )

To close out the day, it was my wife's birthday: her choice for supper – surf and turf, asparagus and risotto with wine.

morganfamily2011016.jpg

morganfamily2011019.jpg

Life doesn't get much better

Edited by spincast

You got to fishing on her birthday? That's awesome!!! Lol.

rofl2.gif

Yes, the stars were truly aligned in my favour yesterdaythumbsup_anim.gif - Steph is the registrar for our local synchro swimming team, and she had to spend her b-day in the mall at one of those booths to attract new participants. Today I am Honey-do-man (plus, being the cook of the household) I always get brownies poinits for surf and turf AND helping the kids with the dishes

We must of been fishing a different lake O whistling.gif

Great report,nice fish.

Don't I know that feeling! Everyone else (it seems) has a box full and my lures are untouched by the toothy critters. Next time Misfish, the shoe will doubtless be on the other foot. Tightlines buddy.