Fishing with my brother.

DanD

Sorry no pictures just, a short report from Long Point Bay, Lake Erie.

Last night (Thursday night) my older brother called me at my trailer (I was there for the week) and asked if I wanted to go for some perch fishing out on the bay? I jumped at the chance to go out on his 28 foot Chaparral, believe me if the boat had wheels it would be like fishing from a limo. The weather last night didn’t make for good fishing the next day; thunder storms over night in our area but what the hell lets go.

We weren’t disappointed (boating wise) the weather this morning was perfect; no wind and the bay was as flat as pancake. We get to our first spot (the Bluffs) and landed some nice sized perch (12-14” long) and then it died off after a couple hours. We then went to a couple other spots and found a few more; but far from a limit for either of us. At the end of our day we were happy with our catch; nothing to brag about but we caught fish.

Now my main reason for this post; I GOT TO SPEND A DAY WITH MY OLDER BROTHER; JUST HIM AND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may sound selfish on my part but this was the first time since it can’t remember that we were on, a one to one basis. No other family or friends just me and him and boy did we talk.

All I’m saying is that at my age of 51 and my brother at 15 years my senior; he’s still my hero!

Dan.

Nice read DanD!

I would love for just a few hours like that out with any of my family (yeah, even my dad) as long as it was a 'shoot the bull and just fish' session rather then someone preaching on things during the time spent on the water... who knows, we all change at some point, maybe I will get my turn... :unsure:

Wayne

Thanks for the reply and you know about my brother Morris and what he’s going through; but this is our older brother John.

Healthy as a horse and things never seem to affect him emotionally. Oh man today showed me a whole new man; he’s never been one to show his feelings; but today with his guard down he showed me blood is defiantly thicker then water.

Fishing today was an excuse to talk about things we were never able to before today.

Dan.

Yah, I figured that Dan. Hard to understand until you get there yourself, as we both have. Wish I could get my brother alone for a lot longer than I'm ever able, he has way too "items" stored in imaginary boxes "to be opened at a later date", thanks to the military. His quint bypass last summer woke him up a bit thankfully.

Edited by irishfield