Disappointing day on the tribs....only got one!!

ccmtcanada

Bly and I hit an eastern trib this morning. The banks were filled with anglers when we got there, so we decided to hit spots we had never fished before and nothing was happening....no hits, not a sniff of our roe, no interest in jigs, flies or pinkies either. Every two or three drifts, we had to knock ice off our lines and rod tips and when the wind blew thru it got verrryyy cold. Talk about frustrating, consdering the water looked perfect. In talking with a bunch of guys, it seemed no one was having a great day...guys only bringing in only 1 or 2.

We met up with a new member of the board out there (Douger). He recognized us from the board. He's a great guy...just learning the steel trade like we are. We fished with him for a little while before he headed on home.

Near the end of our outing, I finally landed this small hen. Bly made SURE we didn't lose this one....all decked out in her new waders (birthday present for her), she practically ran out there to net it....LOL. Turns out it's a good thing she did, cause when we went to remove the hook...it was already out. Closer inspection of the hook showed that it had broken off.

med_gallery_60_23_101146.jpg

So...overall results of the day...

Me....1 for 1

Bly....0 for 2

Cold hands: 4 for 4

Cold feet: 4 for 4

Windburned faces 2 for 2

PS....I suppose someone could find out where we were from the fallen trees in the background....but....we had a crap day out there anyways....cant see anyone flocking to that spot....LOL

Edited by ccmtcanada

A true convert !

Good stuff .. cant see ya going back to chasing carp now that you have tasted the 'real' thing ... speaking of which .. have ya kept any yet ... you really should you know :)

We've never chased carp before, but would like to give it a try. As for keeping keeping a few...we have kept a few hens for fresh roe and a nice meal. CC's lessons came with a "how to prepare roe" section...LOL.

I have to admit though, chasing steel is addicting!!!

Tell bly you never catch anything on a new rod!!!

nice job

Thanks Alex and thanks for the new rod!

Nice job ccmt/bly - landing one keeps ya honest! Love the die hard attitude with you two - rain or shine, cold or freezing, no matter...

Thanks! The desire to learn and improve is amazing motivation. :)

" only got one " lol, a month ago you were dreaming of getting one, now ones not good enough, jeez. jk CCMT, nice fish.

I would have been happy with one LOL It was a good day, just a hard day :)

Bly