mnr wants to seal more land

chessy

It is not a form of conservation if it is auctioned off, that would called a sale. The north's lakes are for sale, and once sold you will not be able to fish them anymore unless you pay some private lodge owner a hunk of money. Closing roads that already go to a lake do not make it remote either, that makes it restricted.

Sadly, a bad deal for ontarians. Lodge owners and outfitters are creating a vacuum for folks that enjoy the wild north.t his policy has a bad smell. goverments allowed foresty cutting that opened areas up. outfitters should be screaming at that issue, not sportsmen. the mnr has been dictated to from select politics. closures remind me of the european process. closed lands and pay as you go. this offers the demise of crown land usage for canadians.,

another look his how the u.s. goverment has the bureau of land managment .

blm lands are another sad affair. land owners charge a fee to acsess these lands. obviosly the ontario goverment is once again whoring our resources. will these areas still be fish stocked for the select groups?. foresight is NOT a strong point in our goverments .

I could see a lot of this if it was really for conservation.

But when its just blatant disregard for common taxpayers in favour of special interest and user groups to turn a buck....well, thankyou mr McGuinty

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

thankyou mr McGuinty

i'd like to blame it on him, but it's been going on far longer. the cancellation of the spring bear hunt, the financial gutting of the MNR, and "Ontario's Living Legacy" was Mike Harris and the conservatives. i'm not old enough to fully remember "Rae days" but I'd wager that the NDP was no better.

until our natural resources are an election issue, and until we have a resource minister that isn't a businessman/woman from Brampton or the like, nothing will change.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

i'd like to blame it on him, but it's been going on far longer. the cancellation of the spring bear hunt, the financial gutting of the MNR, and "Ontario's Living Legacy" was Mike Harris and the conservatives. i'm not old enough to fully remember "Rae days" but I'd wager that the NDP was no better.

until our natural resources are an election issue, and until we have a resource minister that isn't a businessman/woman from Brampton or the like, nothing will change.

I liked Rae days....they cut back on public service costs

was very informative, a great time and met and worked with some great people. i recommend anybody who gets a chance to participate in future rallies to do so as this should be a very important issue to anybody who enjoys the outdoors, not only for those of us who live in northern ontario, btu anybody who has spent time or plans to spend time, it was very eye opening at the lenghts the MNR and OPP went to enforce these "laws" on our trip

http://www.thedailypress.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3266991

http://northernontario.ctv.ca/timmins/index.html?video=520107