Man Arrested for Impaired Operation of a Paddleboat?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Kind of a joke. Not the being drunk out on the water part (that is dangerous) but actually laying a charge? Why not take the booze, and make him walk the shoreline back home. NOt like he was miles away from where he started? Ever tried to peddal when your drunk? Takes more coordination then you think lol.

The actualy section states impaired operation of a motor vehicle, vessel or aircraft

Not to start a big debate or the rightness or wrongness of a law....if I am cutting my lawn three sheets to the wind on my lawn tractor, on my own property, I can still garner a impaired charge?

I bet the guy was checked for safety equipment, failed the attitude test, and is now going to be paying for it with an impaired charge.

The guy may have had 3 beers and taken a spin in front of his cottage on a paddleboat....hardly endangering other people's lives.

I bet the guy was checked for safety equipment, failed the attitude test, and is now going to be paying for it with an impaired charge.

The guy may have had 3 beers and taken a spin in front of his cottage on a paddleboat....hardly endangering other people's lives.

3 beers would not make you impaired....I

Yep, a lawn tractor is considered a motor vehicle under the criminal code of canada

Regarding the, in my opinion, important part of the question, my own (private) property. Not getting confrontational, just trying to understand the rules.

I have the understanding that one can welcome, or not welcome, a police presence onto one's property. What are the criteria for entry?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i consider my paddleboat private property. besides, why do they put coolers on the dang things?:jerry:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus