Looks like it all comes down to this

darsky

Was born in 1966 - they won in '67 last time. Never went to a game until about 4 years ago - box seats about 10 times a year - plats about 2 and another 5 to 10 games in other sections.

I was born, bred, and still get that "rush" inside about the Blue and White. Yes - some of are as fond of them as our own kin. A very emotional thing. But . . . . . .

The leafs now suck....

The "New" NHL is a disgrace....

Shoot outs belong in Europe......

How can you get as many points when you win after the game is over, than when you were supposed to win in the first 60 minutes??? - NHL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hockey is great - Canadian Juniors, midget - pee wee

We are a Lacross family, but hockey is great - just the NHL sucks and so does the Leafes and so does Betmann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GREATEST HOCKEY RIVALRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.. ..LEAFS VS CANADIENS IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME...GO-LEAFS-GO CHEERS

Yea - but they can never meet for the cup under Bettman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - scared the filtered try again please out of him in '92

Actually I think that the Flyers will spoil the islanders hopes. Biron has been playing amazing hockey althou they have lost the games were very close against very tough teams!

if they almost spoiled the leafs hopes they can spoil the isles hopes

Edited by bassmaster4

First it was 93. That was when we had an owner who cared more about winning then money. Not many like that.

Second, who cares. Leafs will never make it to the cup with the teachers fund running it. Or for that matter any ownership group who understands that the way to make money in this town is to always be second best. Our brilliant ownership that has the resources all other NHL teams dream off hires a rookie GM who gives McCabe 7 million a year for 5 years (that is Right McCabe), trades one of the best goalie prospects since Potvin for a one year has been goalie who has yet to steel a single win for this team or give one of the best hockey players this city ever had in Sundin wingers like Andropov and Pono....#@...y, does not in my mind care about winning the cup. Leaf fans, including myself are delusional if you think otherwise.

Well I am a Habs fan win or lose I never put them down when they lose always support them no matter what.I hope they make the playoffs but reality is they won't go far in the playoffs.I would like to see the Stanley Cup come back to Canada.

come the month of May fishing will be my priority not hockey.

Saturday night ...GO HABS GO. :P:thumbsup_anim:

I'm pumped for the game tommrow! The Leafs better do what they can. I heard Huet is rumored to start, I guess we will have to find out tommrow. The Leafs have to win in regulation if they want to make the playoff, and lets just hope the Islanders loose one of their last two games, or else their in. What a playoff race, I"M SO EXCITED! :thumbsup_anim:

Alot of ways we could have avoided this situation .. but you know what .. the leafs will always be MY team .. GO LEAFS ... its about as late in the year that I can remember (in all my years of watching hockey) that so many teams were fighting for a playoff spot with o few points separating 6th and 11th ... and now here it is right down to the last game .... I'll be watching and cheering ...

GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...GOLEAFSGO...

The game will be intense, for sure. The fact that it is in In TO has me a little worried.

I'd like to see the Habs do some damage if they make it. They started the season with a 21-8-5 record and the best special teams in the league. It wasn't until after Christmas that they really faltered. Although it was never mentioned as an excuse, this is a team that had their dressing room overhauled / disinfected twice because of bouts with the flu. It seemed like for the longest time they had a player or two out of the lineup with it every or every other game.

Before the loss to the Rangers they were 9-2-0 to make it to their current situation and again have the best PP in the league. If.. if Huet comes in and does well they could possibly have one of the best goaltending tandems going in Huet-Halak. There are a lot of young, extremely skilled guys in their lineup, not unlike a team like Pittsburgh, and are better than the current standings suggest. I am obviously baised, but can see them coming out of the East, even more so if someone gets New Jersey out of the way.

That said, if they lose in regulation it's all over.

Although it was never mentioned as an excuse, this is a team that had their dressing room overhauled / disinfected twice because of bouts with the flu. It seemed like for the longest time they had a player or two out of the lineup with it every or every other game.

Please .... Leafs had 330 lost man games at last count and your bringing up the flu bug. lol Nine regulars out at one point and your talking about a player or two a game, luxury, sheer luxury.

Mats reduced to playing the cycle game with those two pylons is a disgrace but I don't get a say, so, " GO LEAFS GO !!

Guest Johnny Bass

Its gonna be a great game for sure. Although Montreal has been playing well in the last few games, Montreal does not play as well away. Leafs are going to have the fans behind them.

Hopefully we dont see any stupid penalties for the leafs or Montreal will capitalize with their power play.

I agree with the comment about McCabe....He is not worth a cent over 1.5 mil....If I were the coach, I would bench this guy every time we had the lead(even put in Belak to clear the rebounds or move players out of the way).

Raycroft is also not the greatest goalie and gives up too many rebounds that our defencemen should be clearing. The odds of the leafs winning the cup this year, does not loook good.

The rest of the team looks pretty

Whats really sad is that 2 teams like the Leafs and the Canadiens may not even make the playoffs this year. With the amount of fans and revenue these 2 teams have, they should at least be Stanley cup contenders. Especially now that the Canadian dollar is strengthening. The high American dollar was really hurting the Canadian teams, that couldn't afford the big salaries in American dollars. They should make the NHL like the NFL, where all teams share the profits.

May the best team win. I say its going to be a nailbiter to the end!

Please .... Leafs had 330 lost man games at last count and your bringing up the flu bug. lol Nine regulars out at one point and your talking about a player or two a game, luxury, sheer luxury.

Mats reduced to playing the cycle game with those two pylons is a disgrace but I don't get a say, so, " GO LEAFS GO !!

The majority of the team was infected. The training staff had never seen anything like it. It's one thing to have a couple guys on IR, it's another to have a different player or two out every game for an extended period of time because the majority of your roster has a "bug". If 1-3 professional hockey players in peak physical condition (these guys are machines with access to some of the best medical attention offered) are sick enough to not dress for a game, how many are on the ice playing because they have to and aren't much better off?

I don't think it's a coincidence that after the flu bug left the team they got healthy and started winning again.

Edited by Northhunter

i have said this before and will say it again, at the end of the season conferences should no longer exist, top seed plays 16th and so on, then anything could happen (playoff matchups) we will never have a chance to see toronto vs. montreal in a stanley cup final and that's a SHAME.

this last game of the season between these 2 teams is as good as it gets, there's more hype for this game than the stanley cup final ever will, i would pay a pretty pennie to attend, i can only imagine what scallped tickets are going for,

anyways..... GO HABS GO

if the habs don't win it won't be the end of the world, as neither team REALLY deserves to make it, i just hope its a great game and very close, back and forth all night, it will probably be the highest viewing CBC has had in a long long time, i know i'll be watching

HIP HIP HUET

welcome back crystal ball

Here is my take on what happens tonight. Leafs will win, because they don't want to start the golf season on a loosing note and they get to continue to play mind games with all of us. We as deranged Leaf fans will get an extra 24 hours to plan the parade route only to realize that the game they needed to win was on Thursday night. That was when our beloved hockey team was shooting with golf clubs instead of hockey sticks and thinking how to get through the next 60 min without breaking a finger nail or hurting their golf grip. NY Islanders will sweep their next two games and the Leafs and Habs will be playing skins in Florida and fishing for Snook on Monday.

Come to think of it, if I was Sundin looking to my left and my right and then watching McCabe behind me, thinking that this is what I have to carry into the playoffs, then early April golf and fishing sounds pretty good. When was the last time this guy went some 10 games without a goal. Can you say this thing can't finish soon enough.

By the way, I think straight up University is the best Cup route should the Islanders manage to pull a Leafs and give it away.

If theres anytime that the guns have to come out its tonight. They can't afford to let the habs get any kind of momentum. IMO, they should sit Steen and put Green or O'Neill back in the lineup. Sundin needs to make tonight his night. Tucker has to PLAY tonight and Raycroft needs to not let any bad goals. Pretty simple, I guess. Should be a doozy. GO LEAFS GO!!!

Guest Trophymuskie

Funny how people even think the makebeliefs have a chance at making the playoffs.

I'll be chearing for the winning team tonight.

GO SENS GO.

Dubielewicz versus Niittymaki. 2min gone in the first .... still 0-0

NYI - 3:36, M. Satan power-play goal (M. Bergeron, J. Blake)

End of First Period: NY Islanders 1, Philadelphia 0. Shots Flyers 11-Islanders 8

Edited by 98Fahrenheit