Flipping

ld17

Hey guys anyone out there still flipping with heavy mono or fluoro? I have a heavy rod with 50lb braid but was thinking of using 20lb test on my med heavy rod. Reason being is I think it will help with line tangle from short pitches and flips on my casting reel with the thicker diameter mono vs braid?

Edited by LD17

I spooled one this year with Seagur 20# Flouro thinking it would allow baits to slide through easier but the line just doesn't stay tight enough & I was wasting time pulling out a bit & pinching line in fingures to tighten up, I'll be trying it when I get out of here, still hope it works but if it don't I'll put Braid on it Too, good topic churp in guys, I'm hoping to be out of here tomorrow night,

SBK

You know, I use Flouro for leader material, but i find it a very stiff material. I can,t understand how it can be used as a main linedunno.gif .Seems to me that because it is so stiff, it would have the tendancy to 'jump' off the spool and end up a tangled mess,but then again, i'm a complete newb with this linerolleyes.gif .

25 or 30 lb XT goes on my heavy worm rod. Running a 3/4 - 1.5 oz weight for punching through heavy mats. Never really liked the way braid worked in these situations. On my regular worm and jig rod though I run 20-50 lb braid and tied direct to hook.

I have 20# Trilene Big Game on a reel that I use on a medium 7ft. rod for flippin & pitchin. I find the traditional heavy action 7.5ft telescopic rods too stiff for the smaller jigs that I prefer. I also use 40# braid on one 6.5ft rod. Go with what you like...there are no rules...grin.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH I SPOOL MY REELS WITH BRAID. WHEN SHORT FLIPS I PULL OFF 50 FT OF LINE COVER THE REST OF SPOOL WITH ELECTRICAL TAPE THEN WIND LINE BACK IN

FIND IT REDUCES TANGLE GREATLY

CAN DO THE SAME JOINING MONO OR FLORO TO BRAID COVER KNOT IN SPOOL WITH TAPE WIND ON WHAT U NEED AND GOOD TO GO

50 lb braid all the way. Tried flouro a few years ago....then tried it again this year....and keep going back to braid. If the water is clear I'll tied on a 20 lb flouro leader material (seagar) and have never had a problem with it yet. Don't use 17 lb flouro as a leader when flippin docks and stuff, I learned the hard way.....

50 lb braid all the way. Tried flouro a few years ago....then tried it again this year....and keep going back to braid. If the water is clear I'll tied on a 20 lb flouro leader material (seagar) and have never had a problem with it yet. Don't use 17 lb flouro as a leader when flippin docks and stuff, I learned the hard way.....

You said you tried fluoro a few years ago and then again this year. What did you find and why did you try again?