July 24th report

GBW

Let me start out by saying what a great weekend my wife, kids and I had!

So we head up to my folks place Friday night after work and get there late so no real fishing was done other then 100 or so yards out and ended up with a nicew keeper eye. No pic's other then real bad ones if you want proof :rolleyes:

Sat. morning starts off with some great weather and waiting for some not so old friends. They got there right on time so they had breakfast with my kids.

IMG-20110723-00036.jpg

My wife needed to run into town as she forgot to pack something so my son and I went out for a quick fish. We found a bunch of these all over the place.

IMG-20110723-00037.jpg

My son did get skunked but he's 4 and didn't even wet a line as he just wanted to watch all the fish.

We had a nice quiet night and off to bed we all went waiting for some other friends; old and new, to join us tomorrow.

Sunday we get up to another great day. We all get ready for a fun filled day and my daughter bouncing off the walls waiting for everyone to show up. 10:00 rolls around and right on time Cliff and Sydney show up. Sure enough my daughter goes in to shy mode as she was waiting all morning for Syd but we told her, 10:00 so we all can get ready.

We wait a bit to find out what another person in the group is doing to find out he's delayed... So what do we decide to do? That's right! My daughter and I take Cliff and Syd out looking for some bass and perch. We did find them but the bite wasn't near as good as it was the day before. <_< I boated the fist bass of the trip (Cliff has a pic) and Syd landed a perch or two and Kaileigh and Cliff came up short with light bites and nothing landed. It was ok cause it was almost lunch time.

We head in and the girls took a dip in the lake and had a whole lot of fun and got along like they have been frineds for years and not a few hours. :thumbsup_anim: We all sit down to a big lunch (still waiting on another person to show :whistling: ) and while we let our food digest the girls got a bit of the creative bug and helped paint a garden chair for my mother.

IMG-20110724-00038.jpg

After that they decided they would rather stay behind and swim and play so Cliff and I got out for an hour while waiting for our third person to join us for the day.

After looking at what spots were open (not holding other boats) we wet some lines and are into the 'cookie-cutter' bass that are all over the lake. Second cast for Cliff and his skunk is now gone for the day.

IMG-20110724-00039.jpg

We got a few more just like this and get the text message that it's time to go back to the dock and pick up our third person for the days fun.

We get young_one (Will) and we head off back to an open spot close to where were were. Will was Will and kept us LOL as we had found a pattern and we weren't sharing with him so he had to figure out a lake he have never fished on his own... :ninja::blink:

We fished all over the lake and had a few rather big bass for this lake too! Pic's to be added by the others.

We head back close to the cottage to fish a bit as dinner was getting close and we got into a few mose there too, back to the cookie-cutter size tho... :mellow:

We all get ready for a feast off hotdogs, burgers, sausages, one fresh fish and more! It was getting late and Cliff and Syd had to go home so we all said our goodbye's and are already planning the next trip :clapping:

So Will and I headed out for the dusk/evening bite to see what we could hook into. Will got a great keeper walleye only a few min. into this trip! Wait, there was/is a problem... we lost the stinger off the boat earlier in the day! :wallbash: ok, problem solved, use the big basket net as a livewell off the back of the boat, PROBLEM! The fish found a hole in the net and got free. :dunno: Yes, my fault 100% for this problem this time. Did I say this time? Oh there is more... Back to the evening fishing though. Will caught another keeper walleye and this one was an upgrade from the last one so I didn't feel bad for putting him on the fish.

The bug's got brutal so we decided a few more cast and all I enved up with was a head shake, hookset, another BIG head shake so I set the hook again (as I knew the hook was getting dull) and all of a sudden there was nothing pulling. I think "damn!" and sure enough what ever it was it was heavy as it pulled a fair bit of drag and my rod looked like and Uglystik ad they way it was bent over and they just as fast as it hit, it bit through the 20lb braid... So we call it a night and head in to the cottage.

I got a message from Cliff saying they were home safe and sound and Will had to get going too. I got his message that he made it home safe and sound too so I headed off to bed after watching a bit of the storm to end a great day of fishing with frinds old and new.

Thanks to Cliff, Sydney and Will for joining our family for a fun filled day to our weekend!

Thanks for reading all.

Geoff

Edited by GBW

That looked like a great weekend. Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking it might be time for you to pull out the musky gear.

funny you say that as there was a whole lot of casts thrown in the mix with the musky gear all day long.

Great report!

You missed out the proven fish catching pattern:

1. bright red worm with regular brown rubber band, wacky style

2. Kopper frog in 20 FOW!

point 1 was not a proven fish catching bait till I gave you the rubber band!

The frog, yeah! you can snag any fish with that lure... :whistling:

Paul, that was the bait we used for the musky (hence the no musky post) and the pickereye's we were after. But I'm still not sure :unsure:

Edited by GBW

Had a great time Geoff! It was great seeing the girls getting along so well together. Hopefully we can do that again soon!

Nice meeting you Will!

We've know each other for years....oh the other Will. He's a good guy too, lots of laughs and his mom makes a great noodle dish. :thumbsup_anim: Great to see the kids out and having a good time as well as the adults. Looks like a fun day for all.

Edited by fishnsled