NF Any dryer repair guys on here?

10point

I have a Kenmore dryer that is 8 years old. It will only run if you hold down the push to start button. I have taken it apart several times and took the wiring off of the motor and put it back on. I have also added grease to the connection. Each time I do this it will run on its own for several minutes but then stop. Any ideas?

On a side note, I hope it is repairable. We just replaced ours. The new ones look fancy but are so energy conscious that they don't give the same heat. Takes longer to dry (which in my eyes, negates the energy issue). I could of probably cooked a turkey in my old one. It was ugly and awesome.

On a side note, I hope it is repairable. We just replaced ours. The new ones look fancy but are so energy conscious that they don't give the same heat. Takes longer to dry (which in my eyes, negates the energy issue). I could of probably cooked a turkey in my old one. It was ugly and awesome.

Agreed. Somewhat off topic, but same with new toasters. Put in bread, press lever. Brew coffee, take a dump, have shower, and then the toast pops up. Wish I still had my old one with the letters "IGA" burnt on backwards where it melted a plastic bag onto it. Maybe a yard sale....

you are 100% right about that. Front loaders use less water, save on water costs, but how can your clothes get clean in 2 gallons of water? They dont. They smell nice if you have used the right soap,and if your door boot didnt get mouldywallbash.gif , but if you could compare with a good old top loader, you would be amazed. Even the new top loaders are just front loading machines, stood on thier ends.Same water consumption, same results.

They say wash in cold water to save energy, but dont say that cold clothes take 4 times longer to dry than warm clothes. Where is the savingdunno.gif

Keep your older washer and dryer as long as parts are available.New machines are built to last 5 years, then you scrap themwallbash.gif

you are 100% right about that. Front loaders use less water, save on water costs, but how can your clothes get clean in 2 gallons of water? They dont. They smell nice if you have used the right soap,and if your door boot didnt get mouldywallbash.gif , but if you could compare with a good old top loader, you would be amazed. Even the new top loaders are just front loading machines, stood on thier ends.Same water consumption, same results.

They say wash in cold water to save energy, but dont say that cold clothes take 4 times longer to dry than warm clothes. Where is the savingdunno.gif

Keep your older washer and dryer as long as parts are available.New machines are built to last 5 years, then you scrap themwallbash.gif

washboard.gif