GPS/Fishfinder Combo

Just out of curiousity, any opinions on a LOWRANCE LCX-19c?? I assume it's an older model but is it worth a look buying a used unit?

I installed one of these on a buddy's boat about 7-8 years ago.....great unit and a LARGE screen....at the time he got it for about $1500 with his outdoor right discount right from Lowrance.....BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY PARTS OR SERVICE for this unit as it's deemed a dinosaur in Lowrance's eyes.

Bob

I installed one of these on a buddy's boat about 7-8 years ago.....great unit and a LARGE screen....at the time he got it for about $1500 with his outdoor right discount right from Lowrance.....BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY PARTS OR SERVICE for this unit as it's deemed a dinosaur in Lowrance's eyes.

Bob

Hey thanks Bob...the parts and service certainly important.

Money is an object...isn't it always?

Sorry...just its what i was thinking after reading what you said about money being an object.

It was not meant to be smartass in anyway....it was more about all the other advice seemed a little previous until we knew how much is all, given that you had said money was a factor.. :)

Edited by limeyangler

The lcx-19c is a great unit just outdated, I have one and love it but have been told once it goes down lowrance will not fix it. I also have an elite 5 on the front of my boat and love it, my friend has the hds 5 and I think the elite 5 is a very comparible unit, good luck with your research and purpose. I went to Woodstock to angling outfitters to buy my units and they were very knowledable about the various units.