RANT TIME

Handlebarz

So the family and I went out to Saskatchewan two weeks ago for a trip we had a blast on the way out I was looking at different reels to but for musky fishing. We were going to hit Kenora and Figure 8 Baits for me to get my new reel but plans changed and we came back through the USA again. I stop off in Fargo ND at Gander Mountain so I can get my NEW Abu 7000 I take a look at it at the store and think everything is fine. Well last night we get home I take it out of the box put it on my new 9' rod and get ready to spool it with me 100 lbs PP and this is when I notice that the handle is BENT WTH. I was not happy and with looking at the box and the reel there is no way it happened during shipping I wonder if it was on the floor and got bent there or what either way I am pissed for one reason I bought a broken reel two I did not notice it at the store my bad.

I know Abu will be good for it or Gander will replace it but it just means I now have to head back states side to exchange it or I am hopping that Abu will jsut send a handle to my door.

I was sp pissed at 10 pm last night I decided to not go fishing today well this morning maybe later.

Sorry for the rant but thanks for listening and next time you buy a reel play with the drag and see if it will pass the reel handle if not then dont but it ask for another.

If the bend isn't too severe Mike you may be able to straighten it out yourself. I did it once to a reel handle I bent and it was fine. For mine, I set it on the work bench and lightly tapped it with a hammer until it was straight and never had another problem with it.

So the family and I went out to Saskatchewan two weeks ago for a trip we had a blast on the way out I was looking at different reels to but for musky fishing. We were going to hit Kenora and Figure 8 Baits for me to get my new reel but plans changed and we came back through the USA again. I stop off in Fargo ND at Gander Mountain so I can

get my NEW Abu 7000 I take a look at it at the store and think everything is fine. Well last night we get home I take it out of the box put it on my new 9' rod and get ready to spool it with me 100 lbs PP and this is when I notice that the handle is BENT WTH. I was not happy and with

looking at the box and the reel there is no way it happened during shipping I wonder if it was on the floor and got bent there or what either way I am pissed for one reason I bought a broken reel two I did not notice it at the store my bad.

I know Abu will be good for it or Gander will replace it but it just means I now have to head back states side to

exchange it or I am hopping that Abu will jsut send a handle to my door.

I was sp pissed at 10 pm last night I decided to not go fishing today well this morning maybe later.

Sorry for the rant but thanks for listening and next time you buy a reel play with the drag and see if it will pass the reel

handle if not then dont but it ask for another.

Try gander... I bought a flasher there and when I got home... No charger... So mad... Call them up and calmly explain what happened... They shipped me a new charger and $30 gift card as an apoligy... I was blown away with the customer service.... No questions asked!!!!

Dang Bill I need your $$$ At $150 its costly enough to expect to not have to do repairs before using it. I was looking at some other reels but I love the feel of my other 7000 BG so I had to take another to bad they dont make the same model.

Mike I was just going to take it in but maybe I will call them or send a email that sounds like a good idea.