The new Shimano Chronarch

kickingfrog

I know it was discussed before (the search seems to be in hiccup mode as well) but I don't remember if it was confirmed.

Dave posted this on fb today:

newshimano.jpg

I like my shimanos but I never had a chroarch.

Edited by kickingfrog

If the talk on TackleTour is right, then the 'new' Citicas and Curados are now on the Caenan's frame, and the Chronarch is built ont he Curado 200e frame (and 50e). All they have done is shuffle things around and rebadge, and call it a day.

Yup all rebadged, pretty disappointing ICAST for shimano IMO.

Can't expect them to re-engineer everything every year

Nope you cannot, but here they ruined the chronarch line as it is now the same as the Curado E series painted white. Pretty pointless move to me. They could of kept the reels the same and added new gear ratios or colours or anything really. Now they are lacking in the $200-300 spectrum of the market, and downgraded all their reels.

I have a Mg on one of my Avids and would only say good things. The reel was worth EVERY dollar.

I have a chronarch d, awesome reel. But what I'm trying to point out is this new chronarch is just a rebadged curado, nothing else. Its not a true chronarch. I was actually waiting for them to release it but when I found this out, ill pass. I have too many reels anyways so I guess this helps me out in a way

Edited by danbob

I have a chronarch d, awesome reel. But what I'm trying to point out is this new chronarch is just a rebadged curado, nothing else. Its not a true chronarch. I was actually waiting for them to release it but when I found this out, ill pass. I have too many reels anyways so I guess this helps me out in a way

or the chronarch is just in the old curado frame

Yup all rebadged, pretty disappointing ICAST for shimano IMO.

nothing is more disappointing than the awful cheap EVA foam grips on the new Sustain.

its the same awful handle that most people hate with a passion on the stradic CI4s..

myself included. I will never buy a reel with that kind of handle. feels terrible.

and now they put it on a 250 dollar reel to save costs :(

or the chronarch is just in the old curado frame

I don't think that the Chronarch and Curado platforms shared internals. As a result, I doubt that the new Chronarch is a Chronarch in Curado clothing. On the upside, the new Chronarch is only $199 USD. On the downside, you are paying an additional $20 USD for for a white painted Curado e, which were being blown out for in the low $100's recently.