Taking a kid camping/fishing

atvaholic

Hi.

I want to take my son fishing again. He wants to go on the boat and catch some fish :-)

Was wondering if there are any decent places to camp and boat. just looking for a few small bass to keep the little one interested.

The ideal place would be a campground (I have a trailer) that we could stay at, preferably right on the waterfront.

Thanks all!

Hi.

I want to take my son fishing again. He wants to go on the boat and catch some fish :-)

Was wondering if there are any decent places to camp and boat. just looking for a few small bass to keep the little one interested.

The ideal place would be a campground (I have a trailer) that we could stay at, preferably right on the waterfront.

Thanks all!

What area are you looking at?

I just did one on the long weekend with my son and friend and his son for their first tenting trip. We weren't sure how they would take to it so we found a camp rsort with amenities, we stayed at Golden Beach on Rice Lake. They have all the extras there in case he gets bored on the water,and have good boat rentals if you need one. Plenty of Bass and panfish in Rice Lake, just drag a worm and you will do fine. Next one will be a little further north and more of a bush camping experience seeing as they reacted quite well to the tenting aspect.