Paudash Lake

atvaholic

Hi,

I have been invited to a cottage on Paudash lake, and was wondering what the fishing is like..ANy tips always appreciated.

fished it from shore just yesterday for about 15 min. fiancee caught 4 lm bass before we decided to head back to camp.

It's a really good bass lake, lots of largemouth in there but you want to get into shallow bays away from the cottages to catch them. I caught a bass over 7.5lbs out of there this year, plus about 8-10 more 4+ lbs, the 2nd largest being just under 6lbs, all thrown back. There is pickerel and lake trout in there but I've never fished for them in Paudash so I couldn't tell you where to go for them. I've fished from shore there literally hundreds of times over the years but never caught as many big bass as I caught there this year. Usually it's good action, but most under 15" with the occasional nice one thrown in. Worms work great for the bass there but you also get a ton of rock bass if using live bait. When the fishing is hot there, it's almost non-stop action, bass after bass after bass. I've also had luck with a husky jerk or spinnerbaits on days when the fish are more active.

One thing I've noticed is that every single perch I've caught out of Paudash in the past 10 years or so are all wormy, regardless of the time of year and it's always just the perch, I don't get it.

It's a really good bass lake, lots of largemouth in there but you want to get into shallow bays away from the cottages to catch them. I caught a bass over 7.5lbs out of there this year, plus about 8-10 more 4+ lbs, the 2nd largest being just under 6lbs, all thrown back. There is pickerel and lake trout in there but I've never fished for them in Paudash so I couldn't tell you where to go for them. I've fished from shore there literally hundreds of times over the years but never caught as many big bass as I caught there this year. Usually it's good action, but most under 15" with the occasional nice one thrown in. Worms work great for the bass there but you also get a ton of rock bass if using live bait. When the fishing is hot there, it's almost non-stop action, bass after bass after bass. I've also had luck with a husky jerk or spinnerbaits on days when the fish are more active.

One thing I've noticed is that every single perch I've caught out of Paudash in the past 10 years or so are all wormy, regardless of the time of year and it's always just the perch, I don't get it.

It sure would be nice to see pictures of some of them Bass

SBK

It sure would be nice to see pictures of some of them Bass

SBK

I don't have photobucket or any pics online and they were just taken quickly with a cell phone but I could send ya an email if you really wanna see.

Also, Apparently I'm not supposed to say I've caught a nice fish out of a specific lake on this board, either. I never gave a specific location in a fairly decent sized lake. Besides, to clear things up it's not like I'm reeling in lunkers on every cast. I grew up right near Paudash, had to have fished there over 1000 times over the years and I never caught a bass bigger than 5lbs until this year, and even this year I've been skunked. The reason I caught some nice fish is because I've put a LOT of time in there. But I'd be lying if I said it was a waste of time fishing on that lake, it's a pretty good lake. as are MANY other lakes in that area. It's not like Paudash lake is some untouched secret and I just blew it for everybody who ever fishes there. There's tons of cottages on it now and it's pretty well known.

i fish a bass tourny on that lake every year in august and this is one of may favorite lakes just last year we caught a 6.5 pound lm and a 4.5 lm as well as 3 2 pounders for a wiegh in around 17 pounds and that was only good for second place. i have found that the bass are not being eaten as much as in other lakes because of the lack of large numbers of pike or musky. fishing shoreline cover including docks lay downs and weed beds is how we produced are big bag last year all on hard baits no soft plastics which is weird for us. This year i thin we will be using live target blue gill cranks that dive 6 to 8 feet as well as spinnerbaits. good luck

great lake to fish as I fish it every weekend, for steady fishing stick to some of the weedy bays or the flats where all the lakes come together and you will catch 1-3 lbs all day long. For the big girls you will have to do some hunting.

Do not believe anyone that says their is pickerel, with fishing this lake most every weekend of the season for the past 10 years I have never caught or seen one. Most of the people that have had cottages on the lake say they have not caught any since the 80's. The lake trout fishing is good in the spring but this time of the year you would have to be able to get down 40 plus feet to find them.