Hit Lake O this morning for first time

Fang

This week started about the worst way possible. I was given this week as the only allowable time off from my company as we're putting in a new computer system for Sept 1. Last Friday a huge email from the head office in Japan lands on our desks with urgent requests for updated budgets and production forecasts. I was supposed to start holidays on Monday but now had to work. Finally got all the reports done on Wednesday and said SEE YOU LATER!!

Woke up early today and hit the road looking for any carp action around west end of Lake Ontario. Pretty dismal to say the least. Checked out 3 spots and was home by 10 with nothing to show for my time and gas. OK what's next ?? Why not a solo trip to get the bugs out of the boat as it has not seen any action so far this year. Quickly grabbed my 2 riggers, spoon box and a couple rods just in case there might be a chance to set up a troll. Launch was completely vacant of other boats. Got clear of the harbor and lit her up to 35 MPH for a good 30 minutes or so. Went almost across the lake to Grimbsy and back as it was pretty flat. Came back to Bronte area and decided to put down a rod. within 10 minutes a little shaker was on

IMG00081-20110630-1543.jpg

These things were all over the place. Decided to try to put the second rod down and kept getting interrupted by another hit. Found a great pocket out in 200 FOW and had good amount of hits right through to 2 pm when it died. Think the final total was something around 18 or 19 of those little guys. Loads of fun for a solo trip. No other boats around till later in the day. All fish were on Dream weaver spoons greens, blacks and the hot color was blueberry muffin. 40-50 ft deep on the riggers with sliders. Equal bite on riggers and sliders. Really good temp break out there off bronte in abbout 180 FOW.

IMG00080-20110630-1543.jpg

Had only 2 hits all day that actually popped the release

IMG00079-20110630-1219.jpg

and this one a little over 28"

IMG00078-20110630-1147.jpg

Work gave me some extra days next week so I'm off till Thursday and hope to get back out there for some more fun