In The News

Spiel

Thanks Spiel! I always like to see the industries claims about the economic impact of them having to take better care of what they are importing into our waters, eg. round gobie, zebra mussels, and now VHS? What about the economic impact on the fisheries? The waterways? Most of that is funded by taxpayers, so it`s no concern to them? Let them use their profits for ballast!

Thanks Spiel!

Interesting reads for sure!

I read an update to the chemical spill...apparently dead fish are now covering the banks alongside the river.

The Walleye/Perch article just confuses me. Walleye are open year round on Erie. I'm ok with reducing the total allowable catch, but why not close the season during spawning season....like they do on Lake Ontario? Maybe just an oversimplification, but it makes sense to me....LOL.

As a newer member I didn't realize this feature existed.

It's nice to see that there are still a few CO's out there and that they're getting a few of those idiots who would ruin the valuable resource that our fishing locales represent.

That story about the reduced numbers of CO's and their gas situation really shows how "mickey mouse" the government has become when it comes to natural resources. It's a pitty fish and other wildlife don't vote.

I, for one, will be sending Ramsey ( Minister of Natural Resources) a polite but nastily worded e-mail about my thoughts on this situation. I hope others in Ontario will do the same. Only if he thinks enough people care will they do something. I used to work for a government organization and their view is that every "letter" represents the views of 10,000. people who won't bother to write. I hope many more of us will write or e-mail him so that he gets the message.