Trib Trout

Mike Pike

After seeing the recent trib fishig posts, I decided to burn a vacation day yesterday to hit an trib down Erie way. I already visited the stream a few weeks ago and found it blown, so I was pretty happy to see it back to normal when I arrived yesterday morning.

Once the Steelhead leave for the lake so do most of the fisherman, so I had the little jewel all to myself.

River.jpg

I found that I was getting hung up bottom bouncing no matter how light the split-shot, so I switch up to a small spinner to keep my presentation higher in the water column. No takers though, unless you count the rock bass and chub.

Moved on and found a deeper run where I could present my crawler with a slip float, and that's where I found the first little Brown of the day.

FirstBrown1.jpg

The run held several more Browns and couple of Bows so my morning was an enjoyable one. Here's some Brownie shots.

SecondBrown2.jpg

SecondBown1.jpg

SecondBrown5.jpg

Once things slowed, I took the slip float back to some of the other runs I had tried earlier in the morning with no success and hooked into the best Rainbow of the day.

Rainbow.jpg

A really great way to spend the morning. I find I get the most enjoyment when I get back to the basics and pack the hipwaders, vest, a few lures and ultra-light rod.

Cheers!

Awesome catches Mike, congratulations!

I haven't had too much luck on catching "brownies" - perhaps the usual streams I fish don't hold many resident trout, or it's just me. I would like to try new places, scout in the unknown... If I can ask a favor, do you mind PM-ing me an approximate location tip? I'll reciprocate...

Danubian

Awesome catches Mike, congratulations!

I haven't had too much luck on catching "brownies" - perhaps the usual streams I fish don't hold many resident trout, or it's just me. I would like to try new places, scout in the unknown... If I can ask a favor, do you mind PM-ing me an approximate location tip? I'll reciprocate...

Danubian

Pick a southern shore Lake E trib that's stocked with brownies.. All kinds of them are in the US. Not so much up here.

I'm assuming when the OP stated 'Erie' he meant the town, not the lake :)