EZ Floating Dock

TJQ

Around the middle of July the water gets low enough that i need another dock, i but a solid one last year but that didn't work out, with the water fluctuations. I'd like to make another floating one, say three 4x8 sections.. any one have any good ideas as to what to use for cheap, easy to find flotation???

A friend of mine built a floating dock using those big blue plastic barrels. I think you used them for water up at your camp? Then built a frame around them and and it's an impressive dock to say the least. He has a pretty wide dock so he probably used 2 side by side, then 3 long. Too bad this wasn't posted last week as you could of checked out the dock in person as his cottage is on an island right by Lakair. I'll ask him if he has the plans for them.

I used the Dow floatation Billets (600 lbs floatation each) .. about $145 each ... three did it for a 8 X 8 swim raft .. and it keeps it right out of the water and doesnt wobble much with 3 or 4 people on it at a time ... here is a link for a plan to consider ... http://www.canadianfishing.com/dock/

Our swim raft made it quite happily through the winter ... without taking off the water ... a big plus :)

hey I may have access to a bunch of 30 and 40 gal drums also I may have access to a bunch of square 19 liter square containers I just got to chck wih boss he has been talking about getting rid of these

Hey T.J put a blue barrel in each corner framed in but put some water in them like 1/4 at most this will keep them more stable and by placing them in each corner it will keep the dock stable. We have tried different ways but liked this one the most for when you get in and out of the boat. Being a big guy stability is important to me.

Let me know if you need help if you plane on building them at home i may be able to come and help you

As for the propane tanks make sure you use pipe cement to seal it up good and tight,another thing is sand blast them or sand them and repaint them with a few coats of paint . The paint that's on them is not that good.