Lost a nice tree

lew

It's amazing how fast a nice day can get nasty. I was down the hiway at my buds place yesterday afternoon and was just leaving when I noticed the skies getting very dark. Within about 2 minutes it was like a mini-hurricane and the winds were howling and heavy rains were pouring down, but then almost as fast as it started it was over again.

I was home in 10 minutes and found a nice 50' maple in my backyard had been snapped off like a twig. It was lucky though cause if it had come just a bit this way it would have hit the house & deck.

My bud called a few minutes later to say he lost 3 big trees on his property at the same time.

Other than alot of downed trees I didn't hear of any serious damage or injuries around this immediate area

Cnv1072.jpg

Yeah we've seen some nasty stuff Rich but it doesn't even come close to what folks in the southern US have seen lately.

I spose losing a nice tree is very minor compared to what others have lost.

We were also very fortunate. We had trees landing five feet from the house and other trees holding up broken ones. The pool was saved by a few feet. Unfortunately hydro says we're going to be out until Saturday. I hope they're wrong.

We will probably have to take down some good trees as they are so close and have always held each other up. That's the problem with large cedars. Heard a pilot lost his life on Balsam Lake when his plane was flipped over.

I imagine chain saws are gonna be busy all across Southern Ontario after the last couple days.

Just Mother nature doing some pruning Lew... and maple burns really nice in the winter. Glad it didn't cause any more grief than it did.

HH