NF Bar B Q question

chris.brock

I'm too cheap to spend the $90 to get replacement parts, the burners have holes about the size of a dime, is there any danger of an explosion or fire? I've been just avoiding the hot spots while cooking, it's a natural gas

thanks

I wouldn't use it...I bought a Canadian made Napolean 8 years ago and I'm good to go for another 5 or 10...The chinese junk at the major retailers will have a much shorter life...stainless should not rust!!!

I'm too cheap to spend the $90 to get replacement parts, the burners have holes about the size of a dime, is there any danger of an explosion or fire? I've been just avoiding the hot spots while cooking, it's a natural gas

thanks

Wow for 90 bux u are questioning your safety...

I dont think u will have an explosion just some really large flames in those areas. Also if the hole is where the burner ignites then you might have an issue of too much gas lighting up at once. Buy the burner or a new bbq.

Definately dont use the BBQ as is.Spend the money an a GOOD name brand BBQ. Napoleon, Vermont Castings etc. 500 dollar BBQ's will last 2 years, Napoleon, of Vermont Castings will last 10-15.

As well as appliance parts, i sell BBQ parts. Cheap makes ,ike Centro, BBQ Tech, and others you buy at Loblaws and CTC, you cant even get parts for.

Paul

I can burn a steak just as good on what you have Chris.. as i can on the new one the kids bought me last Father's Day!! :D

Get as much time out of it as you can... it's not gonna blow up and the money saved getting another season out of it buys you some new tackle! :oops:

I BBQ 6 out of 7 dinners a week when I'm not working nights (all season), I just like being outside with an excuse, the BBQ is over 3 years old so it has some high hours on it, but I don't like to spend money on things like that

Hey Mercman, it's a Centro from CT, it has 3 burners shooting flames right now hint, hint